PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 fsi co2 figures

doobs
23-05-2009, 11:51 PM
I am still looking for either a 1.6 FSI S or 1.6 FSI SE and noticed that according to parkers website that the "s" has a co2 level of 161/163 or tax band G, but the "se" has a co2 level of 168 or tax band H - the comparison I done was with both vehicles having air con - surely its the same engine just with a different trim level so the co2 level should be the same - is parkers wrong ?

zf44
28-05-2009, 09:59 PM
I would ignore Parkers, I never find it accurate and the same applies to the stats appearing on the What Car website. The correct CO2 for the 1.6 FSI engine is 168g with engines built up to 5 Nov 2006. With engines built on and after 6 November 2006 the CO2 dropped to 159g.

To confirm the tax bands what I would do is to take note of the registration of the car you are interested in buying, then access the DVLA website by clicking the link below,

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/

Select the vehicle enquiry link, enter the registration number and make, you will then receive all the information on the vehicle including the CO2 stats.:approve:

doobs
29-05-2009, 06:11 PM
I would ignore Parkers, I never find it accurate and the same applies to the stats appearing on the What Car website. The correct CO2 for the 1.6 FSI engine is 168g with engines built up to 5 Nov 2006. With engines built on and after 6 November 2006 the CO2 dropped to 159g.

To confirm the tax bands what I would do is to take note of the registration of the car you are interested in buying, then access the DVLA website by clicking the link below,

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/

Select the vehicle enquiry link, enter the registration number and make, you will then receive all the information on the vehicle including the CO2 stats.:approve:

Thanks - that website is great, I did not know about it!
However, the 2005 Golf I recently saw had a co2 level of 158 (different to what you suggested above) and from memory that is also what the v5 form said when i viewed it

zf44
29-05-2009, 09:18 PM
I took the CO2 stats from the VW website. In that case I think it's better to throw the Parkers, What Car and VW CO2 stats on the scrap heap and just use the stats on the DVLA website. Good luck with your purchase.:D