PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Milltek exhaust for Golf MK5 GTI (resonated or non-resonated)

shaft-50
23-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Sorry guys, back again :1zhelp:

Other phase of mine which will probably come before the suspension is the exhaust system. I have been looking and currently find the Milltek exhaust system to be the widely recommended.

My questions to you guys are,

1. Is the Milltek as good as folk make out ?

2. What is the difference between the Resonated and Non-Resonated and are they both road legal in UK ?

3. What would I need to/should I change, full exhaust system or just the rear section ?

4. Has anyone got either of the two fitted to their GTI and do they sound better than stock exhaust and if so which one would you recommend getting, Res or Non-Res ?

5. Finally, how much am I looking at paying for it and who/where is the best/cheapest place to buy from ?

Please let me know your thoughts,

Once again, thanks.

shaft-50
24-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Come on guys !!!

Seen this deal, Non resonated fitted for £420.00 and Resonated fitted for £499,95, fitted by pumaspeedperformance based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire !

Anyone heard or used these guys ? :1zhelp:

shaft-50
26-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Well ordered the Milltek Non Resonated from Venom Motorsport for £324.77. WIll post once its arrived and fitted ;)

shaft-50
14-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Well i have had the milltek non res exhaust fitted today and must say all my fears of it being chav loud have gone as it is spot on. It purrs like a cat and does not growl like a possessed butch freaky dog.

Well happy with it :D:D:D:D:D:D

So if anyone not sure about which one o get, my advise would be get the no res, its cheaper and is spot on.

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss137/shaft-50/milltek.jpg

k6kny
15-06-2009, 12:46 AM
Been thinking about getting the same system myself so it's good to hear it gives a nice growl without being too loud. Thanks for the info much appreciated