PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Radio and ECU Problems?

crazychris44
23-05-2009, 09:18 AM
Hello I really need some help. I just recently got a 2000 audi A4 Quattro Turbo. Shortly after I got it I started having some trouble and I cant figure it out. One day my check engine light went on so I went to Autozone to get the codes pulled so I would know what was wrong. However the scanner could not connect and could not read the codes. The guy there said it may be the ECU. At the same time my check engine light came on my symphony radio also stopped working. I pulled it out and the fuse on the back was blown I replaced it and I am still having trouble. The radio powers on and illuminates but nothing appears on the display at all. I was able to unlock it so now as I push the different buttons like am/fm, the 1,2,3,4,5,6 buttons the lights for each light up. The buttons all seem to be working however nothing else is. Nothing shows on the screen, no sound is made, the cd wont do anything. I have no idea how to fix it. I think that the problem with my radio and ECU are connected but dont know what to do to fix them. Please help me.

Alan02
23-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Hi, i would also check the fuses at the drivers side of dash,you may have a diagnostic fuse blown,and also another one for radio.

crazychris44
23-05-2009, 03:21 PM
I have checked every fuse on the driver side of the dash. Maybe there are more somewhere else? Thanks

HomerSimpson
23-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Hi
Welcome to the forum, just wondering if there is a fuse in the radio itself? Have checked on the Audi workshop manual but no mention of one, however that is not to say that there isn`t.

crazychris44
24-05-2009, 06:06 AM
Hello, thank you for the suggestion. There is a fuse on the back of the radio. That fuse was blown which is why the radio stopped working to begin with. I replaced the fuse and now I am having the problem that I described in my first post. Again thank you for the thoughts. If anybody has any other ideas I am up for trying them. I really need to figure this out and appreciate any help I can get. Thanks

crazychris44
03-06-2009, 01:25 AM
Just an update in case anyone is wondering. Come to find out the guy communicator was malfunctioning. I got it scanned by someone else and the error code came right up. It was the mass air flow sensor. Fixed that and everything is good now there was nothing wrong with my ecu.

crazychris44
03-06-2009, 01:27 AM
Update on the radio issue. I had that scanned when I had the ecu re-scanned. The guy there said that it looked like part of my radio did blow so I will have to get a new one put in. Thanks again for everybody who helped out