PDA

View Full Version : help

melv1golf
22-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Hi can anyone out there help or give some advice, i am posting this on behalf of the mother in law who purchased a audi a6 in january from Audi in Leicester. the car is just coming up to 18 months old and since she has had it she has never been happy with it. on the way from the showroom the oil light came on she called out the rac who informed her that there was no oil in the car!!!! Audi apologised and corrected there mistake. a month later the developed a judder and to cut a long story short and after 3 visits back to trhe dealer they have phoned her today and said that the car is driving like a dream however, they claim that she has used contaminated fuel and the bill for the repair is £900. she is adamant that she has only ever used Diesel and not bio diesel so what i would like to know from anyone out there is,
would bio diesel damage the car,
what sort of damage could have been caused by running the car without oil,
what rights does she have {the car is on finance}
can audi just do a £900 repair without asking her permission,

anyones help on this is very much appreciated

Eshrules
22-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Dependant on the timescale involved between purchase and first report of the fault to the dealer, you could employ the sale of goods act (implied terms) as the vehicle is under a finance agreement you have quite strong rights.

I'm slightly bemused about the biodiesel suggestion however, Audi would have been unlikely to proceed with a £900 repair, without prior authorisation (if your fault).

I could do with a diary of events ideally to give a more accurate opinion, but your first port of call should always be the finance company, the car is, after all, their property and it's in their interest to ensure it's of acceptable quality.