PDA

View Full Version : 55 plate SE standard equipment.

Dozz
22-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Hi all. I don't pick up my new toy until Monday. I've been doing lots of reading on the net about the standard equipment on a 55 plate SE. Do they have rain sensing wipers as standard or is it a option? also is the front/rear parking sensor standard or were they once again a option?

Thanks all.

mhurer
22-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Rain sensor was an option on the SE, only standard on SEL, Sport etc. Parking sensors are also an option only.

MyMidLifeCrisis
22-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Daft question of the day.... how does one tell whether you have a S, SE, SEL or Sport models etc?

Dozz
22-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Cheers to the info. It does have the parking sensors but am unsure if she has the rain sensor.

Dozz
22-05-2009, 10:38 PM
Daft question of the day.... how does one tell whether you have a S, SE, SEL or Sport models etc?

One of the problems to tell which model is which is when your buying second hand is the fact the options are mind blowing. As I knew I wouldn't be buying a SEL or highline I only looked at the SE and Sport. I stayed clear of the S model for no other reason than personal taste. The main difference between the SE and sport are. SE has cruise,16" wheels,no front fogs comfort seats and normal suspension. The sport has no cruise, front fogs, 17" rims,sports suspension and bucket seats. I'm sure there other minor details but these are the things I picked up on.

The thing is most of the difference can be added as options to each model. So the only true way to tell what you buying is to check the log book

Hope this helpsa little

damo140
22-05-2009, 10:44 PM

Ok, a few basics...

'S' No chrome on the outside and orange front indicator lenses, 4 spoke steering wheel, 4 Speaker Hi-Fi, no centre arm-rest

'SE' Chrome bumper and window surrounds, clear front indicators, 3 spoke steering wheel with cruise, 8 Speaker Hi-Fi and centre arm-rest

'SEL' Alloys have a groove on each spoke, sportier seats, front fogs, parking sensors, dual zone climate, and chrome grill (not 100% on all of these)

'Sport' 17" 5 Spoke Alloys, Front Fogs, Lowered, Privacy Glass, dual zone climate, sport seats, no cruise control

That's a few of the important spec differences, but there are lots more minor details and engine differences