PDA

View Full Version : Question How Much Oil Between Min. & Max?

Bristle Hound
22-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Does anyone know how much oil is required between the min. mark and the max. marks on the MMI display?

In the 'old days' they always used to say in the handbook how much oil was between the min an max marks on the dipstick

Just out of interest, the fuel warning light comes on when there are 45 miles left in the tank showing on the DIS

Bristle Hound
23-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Anyone? :1zhelp:

robtt09
23-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Took my fuel range down to zero and filled the tank to find I still had one gallon left.Safety margin no doubt built into system but why? Much more sensible to make system accurate and warn people.Agree on oil .I am watching the read out with interest,I have now done 1000 miles and no oil useage to note via the readout..but is it accurate:aargh4:

Plife
24-05-2009, 08:26 AM
There was a post that a message appeared on the DIS to put 1 litre of oil in. Guess it is somewhere around 1 litre between min and max.

ScottyUK
24-05-2009, 09:13 AM
If you follow the manual then it shouldn't matter :

Unscrew cap from oil filler opening
– Carefully put in the specified grade of oil 0.5 litres at a time.
– Check the oil level again after two minutes by calling up
the sound system or MMI* display or using the oil
dipstick
– If the oil level is too low, add more engine oil.

;)

Bristle Hound
16-06-2009, 09:51 AM
With about 1500 miles on the clock the MMI dipstick was reading minimum, no bars showing on the display. The oil warning light wasn't on.

I topped up 1/2 a litre. After a short run I checked it again and the MMI dipstick was showing 3/4 full, only 1 segment missing off the display.

SO BE CAREFUL, DON'T WHACK A LITRE STRAIGHT IN!

Red 2
09-09-2009, 06:24 AM
As we've said elsewhere, bring back the good old fashioned dipstick. Sometimes Mk 1 technology is still the best.......

Anyone listening in Ingoldstadt?