PDA

View Full Version : Rear Sensors

Baglawa
22-05-2009, 01:05 AM
Hi guys!
Im a new A5 owner having previously owned an A4 B8 but saw this highly specced 3.0tdi and just couldnt say no!

But one thing i really do miss from the A4 was that whenever you put it in reverse, the stereo would automatically turn itself down so you can hear the rear sensors. Is there any way of making that happen in the A5?

Just incase, the spec is: -

Audi A5 3.0TDI V6 Quattro Sport
Bluetooth High (although i cant figure out how to make my iphone 3g connect in a way whereas it puts itself into standby and uses the cars arial)
Sat Nav
6cd Changer (in built into the headunit)
Bang & Olufsen sound system
Heated/Electric/Leather seats

Cheers!

- Baggy

Neerazan
22-05-2009, 12:47 PM
All A5s come with rear accoustic parking sensors as you know, so yours is there somewhere. Go to the car setup screen in your MMI and you should be able to change the volume of the parking sensors.

Not being in my car at the moent I couldn't tell you exactly where to go, but it should be in there somewhere.

Baglawa
22-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Thanks, I've changed the settings for the volume of the sensors, but in the a4 the radio would also automatically reduce in volume whenever I put the car in reverse so I can hear the sensors better - any way of that happening in the a5?
Hope that makes sense!

Neerazan
22-05-2009, 05:34 PM
I think it might be in the media setup screen. I'm pretty sure you can do it but can't remember whereabouts the function is.

Baglawa
22-05-2009, 06:29 PM
ok ill check it out and let you know! Oh now the system froze, turned itself off for about 20 seconds then when i turned it back on the map in the sat nav is now completely black!! I get navigation instructions in the display next to the speedo, but I dont actually get a visible map when i click on Map in the Nav section :S