PDA

View Full Version : How do I identify my Seat Cordoba's engine code?

Skeelsie
21-05-2009, 11:35 PM
The DVLA think it's a 1391CC 1.4 16v 2001

As far as I know VAG only do a 1390 1.4 16v so its going to be that, i've got the engine number and VIN but i can't work out if it's a AUA, APA for parts ordering purposes.

If anyone can point me in the right direction i'd be much oblidged. :beerchug:

tornadored7
21-05-2009, 11:49 PM
Hi,

For a 2001 age range car, the engine code should be of the form Axx ( x=letter {A-Z} ), as you correctly eluded to.

Three of the most likely locations for the engine code are;

In the owner's manual, there should be a sticker describing the equipment level of the car, including engine code, gearbox code, paint code ...
The same equipment level sticker should be visible underneath the boot rug/carpet, in the spare wheel well in the boot.
Printed on a sticker stuck to the top of the timing belt cover (towards the left side of the engine).

If you still have difficulty try phoning a Seat dealer, quoting your registration/chassis number who should be able to provide an authoritative reply.

Regards,
TR7

Skeelsie
29-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Cheers for that, I went to a VW dealer in the end and he identified it as an AUD.

Got a new O ring and cleaned out and repaired the noisy pot in the throttle body, £6 instead of £245 plus fitting. Result.