PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with BB-Storm HELP me PLEASE

Stormfood
21-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Hello,

I can't connect my BlackBerry Storm with the VW UHV PREM of my Passat CC. It worked well with Nokia, why doesn't it work with BB?

Can someone help me out, this is driving me mad

Thanks,

damo140
28-05-2009, 12:41 PM
I would check out a BB Forum, as I had probs with my BB Bold and my car-kit but got it sorted in the end with the help of a BB Forum

canke4
28-05-2009, 04:35 PM
I don't think you can connect BB's to the premium car kit.

I could'nt connect mine and talked to the dealer who said only some older Nokia's can be paired and there are only a small number of cradles available!

Grim
06-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Older BBs do not allow for SAP - Sim acess profile used by CC's phone. New ones do.

Regards

damo140
06-08-2009, 10:44 PM
I found that the voice dial with the blackberry works ok together with my Parrot Kit. I then downloaded VLingo for my Blackberry, perfect with the car kit

ThePPenguin
10-08-2009, 03:01 PM
See my post against connecting the Bold in this forum on the cc.

Haven't tried the Storm (have one also)

but is a post 4.5 o/s device and have found them to be generally the same experience in compatiability with things.

kiforrest
26-08-2009, 07:33 PM
All phones with RSAP will work - but their are quirks. I have found the easiest way to get a phone to pair is to first place the SIM in a Nokia 6230i. The car will pair with the phone AND add the SIM to the ones recognised by the car.

Now place that SIM card in say a Blackberry bold - ensuring rsap is enabled. Then pair the phone, the car will know the SIM card (that is the bit that tends to fail in non Nokia phones) so it will just 'trust' the phone. The car will present you with the key and you will be away.