PDA

View Full Version : VAGCOM - Can - Glasgow

passing
21-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Just upgraded my cable to a CAN version. Limited experience but available to assist anyone local.
North of Glasgow

pwh2
11-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Hi I'm in Paisley area if you can help me pls by letting me use your cable?

Regards

Paul

passing
11-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Hi Paul

I don't lend my cable out but I am happy to meet and scan your car etc. to help out.

What are you wanting to do ?

Cheers
Ian

pwh2
11-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Hi Ian , sorry I didnt want to borrow your cable buddy, I meant could you spy it out for me please ?
I've got the latest MMI software and updated it on my car, however it has turned off a couple of functions, cant reset trip computer and the battery meter is missing.
I'm advised these can be turned on via VCDS and Ive got the instruction in this thread.
Im in Paisley but live in EK if you can help.....

my email is pwh2@aol.com I'll mail you my mobile number

thanks Ian

Paul

passing
11-02-2011, 05:29 PM
that's fine. If you have the procedure. Which model car ?

Some things are automated which makes it easier too.

Otherwise my experience is not as extensive as some and so I would tend to avoid the unknown for obvious reasons.

Paisley is closer to me as I am in Balloch so unless you are in a hurry (?) how about we arrange for a mutually convenient date.
Cheers
Ian

pwh2
11-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Ian thanks for the reply.
I have 2005 A6 quattro SE 3.0ltr diesel.
Some of the functions on mmi have stopped since upgrading the software
Email me at Pwh2@aol.co.uk and I'll give you mobile Num
Ta much
Paul

pwh2
14-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Hi Ian can you email me with contact details pls.

Thanks Paul
pwh2@aol.com

Flyboy13
29-03-2011, 11:27 PM
Hi Ian,

I seem to have activated an airbag light in my 2007 Mk5 Golf when faffing around with fitting a new stereo. Basically I pulled out the cable to to the "passenger airbag off" light.
Do you have any experience turning off airbag faults?

Cheers

Brydo666
30-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Hi Ian,

I have a little experience using VAG-COM and have a small fault with my car, unfortunately my gear does not work on my B6 as it did on my B5.5. I'd like to run a scan for fault codes before making a warranty claim with VW.

Could we possibly meet up and you could run a scan on it for me? Happy to come to Balloch and give you some beer tokens for helping me out.

Regards, Chris.

3.0 le mans
12-01-2013, 12:28 PM
Just upgraded my cable to a CAN version. Limited experience but available to assist anyone local.
North of Glasgow

I know this is an old post but I'm in Airdrie and would be much obliged if you'd help with the coding of my new upgrade led rear clusters.
I have instructions on what to change. :1zhelp: