PDA

View Full Version : The wait is over.... IT IS FINALLY HERE!!

kavithakrar
21-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Just collected my car, drove it from the dealership home... I LOVE IT. :biglaugh:

Enjoy the pictures, I will post some more of the inside and also about the drive as I put some more miles on the clock. :D

Initial thoughts though are that the 2.0tfsi paired with quattro is amazing. The addition of s-tronic makes the shifts very slick and go well with the car. :Blush:

other specs I got (for those of you who care) are:

Audi A4 Saloon 2.0 TFSI 211 PS Quattro- Executive S-Line
Automatic 7-speed Dual Clutch- S Tronic
Metallic Paint- Lava Grey
Milano Leather Full Seat- Black
Wheels- 19"x8.5J '7-arm double spoke'
B&O Speakers
Bluetooth- High
Technology Pack
Comfort Pack
Heated Seats- Front and Back
Parking System Plus
Audi Hill Hold Assist
Advanced Key
Storage Pack
Rear Side Window Blinds
Interior Light Pack
Deletion Model and Engine Capacity
Sunroof

Merlin123
21-05-2009, 04:38 PM
That looks great. Makes the wait for mine even worse!

Chris

Jop
21-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Thats one sweet bibby!!

Nice spec also.. I do love mamouth spec's. I mean, if your gonna spend some wedge on a new motor; you might as well tick a load of boxes also.

Gotta say...... why on earth would anyone even consider a BMW 3 series, when the B8 saloon looks as good as this????
Sline with the 19" 7spoke looks the dogs!

I know that dealership.......anywhere near an airport?? :)
I'll keep an eye out for you driving around.

Enjoy.

kavithakrar
21-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Thats one sweet bibby!!

Nice spec also.. I do love mamouth spec's. I mean, if your gonna spend some wedge on a new motor; you might as well tick a load of boxes also.

Gotta say...... why on earth would anyone even consider a BMW 3 series, when the B8 saloon looks as good as this????
Sline with the 19" 7spoke looks the dogs!

I know that dealership.......anywhere near an airport?? :)
I'll keep an eye out for you driving around.

Enjoy.

Thanks,

I agree, I think that the B8 looks amazing, and the wheels are well worth the wedge.

It was indeed near an airport, great knowledge! ;)

Black Phantom
21-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Congrats on a very nice car. Give it a big cuddle for me!

ScottyUK
21-05-2009, 05:57 PM
hahahaha I was about to ask about is it under a flight path but I see Jop got in first!

Good news that they do actually know what a 2.0T quattro is. They might get it right next time! :D

p.s. Maybe we'll have to have a local get together!

tlionhart
21-05-2009, 06:43 PM
congrats! Looks amazing!!! :biglaugh: BTW is that Stansted audi? looks familiar!

kavithakrar
21-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Thanks all.. it is indeed Stanstead Audi.

Relieved that they delivered everything as ordered, except for removing the Model Number (they did remove the engine capacity as I requested though)

They will remove it next week anyway, so we will get everything we expected

Cheers,
Kavi

Bristle Hound
22-05-2009, 09:01 AM
NICE!

Could we have a few more bigger pictures plez

PS What do you think of the rear blinds?

kavithakrar
22-05-2009, 09:22 AM
NICE!

Could we have a few more bigger pictures plez

PS What do you think of the rear blinds?

Bigger pictures this weekend for sure (inside and outside) and love the rear blinds...will be great for kids and fit so neatly into the door

Kav

Jop
22-05-2009, 10:11 AM
p.s. Maybe we'll have to have a local get together!

A race?? :biglaugh:
Rolling start on the stansted abbots bypass (a414).... and.. Go! Go! Go!!! as you pass the 1st bridge.

troc
22-05-2009, 12:14 PM
When I get my new S4 can I join in :)

John

AndyH123
22-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Mini review of the sunroof please!

Is the one thing I let go from my wish-list.. mainly due to "how much?!" :)

Great spec, enjoy the new-ness. Can't believe I ticked over 16,000 miles this morning!

kavithakrar
22-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Mini review of the sunroof please!

Is the one thing I let go from my wish-list.. mainly due to "how much?!" :)

Great spec, enjoy the new-ness. Can't believe I ticked over 16,000 miles this morning!

Sunroof is great, but I agree that is madly expensive for what it is. I have it open all the time, so overall think it will be worth it.

It can obviously open to any amount you like, but optimum is about 80% to reduce the wind noise. It has a turn knob that allows you to open it past the 80% to 100% if you want. Additionally there is tilt, which happens by pushing the knob in to open and pulling it down to close. I think that with the black headlining of the S-Line, the sunroof is a must, otherwise it can seem a bit dark in there!

Other than that, it is a hole in the roof! :biglaugh:

Kav

Jop
22-05-2009, 12:32 PM
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/7421/gogogo.jpg (http://img193.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gogogo.jpg)
'IS a great bit of road this. (when its quiet of course)

its 1/4 mile from the roundabout to the 1st bridge.
I like to see how fast I can get coming off the roundabout to the 1st bridge (marked GO on the map)
Current best: (edit) 111 although i'm sure with some quattro i could get plenty more coming off roundabout. :)

Would love to know what the S4 can do.

'06 M3: 110
'57 S5: 115
'09 RS6: 128
350Z: 115
Focus ST: 110

ScottyUK
22-05-2009, 02:17 PM
I can't see the map :(

Am I allowed to bring my one wheel drive vehicle instead of my current 2WD or the future 4WD ? :biglaugh:

ScottyUK
22-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Have I got this right?

You leave the roundabout (near Van Hagues) towards Harlow on the A414 at full bananas until you get to the first bridge?

What's the marker to indicate the end of the timing? A surface change? An expansion joint? When you land after the bumps? ;)

My 395bhp B6 S4 used to fly along there. I had to break deep and hard before the left hander and still go around it at xxxmph .... then again even my old company 1.8LX Mondeo would carry 100mph around that bend but it was quite scary :aargh4:

Jop
22-05-2009, 02:38 PM
fixed the image

Have I got this right?

You leave the roundabout (near Van Hagues) towards Harlow on the A414 at full bananas until you get to the first bridge?

Almost, although when I say bridge, I don't mean the road bridge. I mean The first pedestrian bridge that crosses the carriageway... that's your marker.
Nowdays I start to slow there..... in days past that was just the start.

Jop
22-05-2009, 02:39 PM
fixed the image

Have I got this right?

Almost, although when I say bridge, I don't mean the road bridge. I mean The first pedestrian bridge that crosses the carriageway... that's your marker.
Nowdays I start to slow there..... in days past that was just the start.

Am I allowed to bring my one wheel drive vehicle For a moment I thought you had a powered unicycle.

Bristle Hound
22-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Surely this has to be better? :aargh4: ;) :biglaugh:

http://www.derekmobbs.com/CatAndFiddle/Images/CatAndFiddleRouteBackground.gif

ScottyUK
22-05-2009, 04:48 PM
From what I here that's now been extremely sanitized with regular plod attendance and cameras :(

But yep, even then it'd be better than a dual carriage way for driving ;)

Bristle Hound
22-05-2009, 07:05 PM
From what I here that's now been extremely sanitized with regular plod attendance and cameras :(

Something to do with the 2 wheel motorized fraternity I believe! ;):D

rd1
22-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Jop,
I thought the A414 had been cleaned up as well with the amount of marked and unmarked activity on that particular stretch of road.

Hell of a chance your taking though, 128 on a dual carriageway is going to attract a lengthy ban and poss prison I would have thought.Hope I'm not anywhere on the road when your coming through unless yours is one of those 'marked or unmarked cars' of course heading between Herts and Essex.

Jop
22-05-2009, 07:39 PM
its only the 1st quarter mile off that particular roundabout that I like to "test" my car, and ONLY if its safe/clear

As for 128... thats not me as a driver.... thats me as a passenger.
Me..... Im not really about speed.

Merlin123
26-05-2009, 10:17 AM
[QUOTE=Bristle Hound;362233]Surely this has to be better? :aargh4: ;) :biglaugh:

The Cat & Fiddle road is quite close to me. I have driven it many times. Most memorable drive was in my 330i BMW a couple of years ago coming home from Nottingham. Didn't see another car on the whole run into Macclesfield. The back end was sliding round some of the better sighted corners right on the verge of losing traction. Was out of breath when I dropped down into Macc. If I hadn't have been picking my fiancee up I would have turned around and done it again!

ScottyUK
06-08-2009, 09:14 AM
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/7421/gogogo.jpg (http://img193.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gogogo.jpg)
'IS a great bit of road this. (when its quiet of course)

its 1/4 mile from the roundabout to the 1st bridge.
I like to see how fast I can get coming off the roundabout to the 1st bridge (marked GO on the map)
Current best: (edit) 111 although i'm sure with some quattro i could get plenty more coming off roundabout. :)

Would love to know what the S4 can do.

'06 M3: 110
'57 S5: 115
'09 RS6: 128
350Z: 115
Focus ST: 110

Yet to do the A4 along here but I was in the area the other day on my bike. Turning left from Stanstead Abbots on to the A414 (i.e. from standstill onto the sharp turn and I got 135 by the bridge. I'd get a little more with a flyer off the roundabout. I'd be surprised if the A4 gets over 95 but I'll let you know........

p.s. The above is all KmPH obviously :naughty:

p.p.s. This is on my little 600cc bike. Imagine what a full blown sports bike could do ;)