PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Starting Problems on Alhambra

farquarpigmix
21-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Hi All, I am hoping for some needed help & advice please.

There are times when the car will turn over but not fire. I have had two diagnostics checks which showed up no fault. I changed the battery which I know was nothing to do with it.

Last time it happened was yesterday and every time I have to wait for around 5 minutes plus to start it fingers crossed. I had to stop using a certain petrol station because every time I filled up it wouldn't start. The other one I use does it now & then.

I hope & pray someone on here can help me.

Regards

Farquar

farquarpigmix
25-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Update on above,

At long last the problem has been solved. The fault is a ignition relay, known as relay 109. AA man said was a common fault and the relay was superceeded around 2003.

My alhambra is a X 2000. The relays were fitted not just on alhambra but almost all VW diesel vehicles. This relay is black.

If glow plug light didn't come on dash, car wouldn't start.

I hope this Information helps anyone.

Regards

Farquarpigmix :biglaugh:

es1rst
07-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Excellent! I have found someone with (or had) the exact same problem I am having. My (X reg Alhambra) car is doing exactly the same thing. sometimes I have to leave it for a hour at a time before some how it resets itself. My wife is having our child in two days so I need it sorted. Initially I heard it was relay 95, the 98. But I looked on the internet and it looks like they have nothing to do with the ignition. So... its relay 109? Thank you thank you thank you! I will change this and let you know how I go! :Blush: