PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 Wiper motor problem

Mark05
31-03-2007, 07:52 PM
Hi people,

I think I've been a bit of a idiot...:banghead: Was having problems with the wipers going slow on my car, friend of mine said he'd resolved similar problems by dismantling the wiper motor to clean it. We did this to my wiper motor but it all went very wrong! I had to remove the plate covering the motor drive mechanism to get things back together, but since putting it all back together the wipers dont work properly - they park in random places and a flick wipe results in about 5 or 6 wipes (like a wash wipe).
I'm thinking the main gear in the mechanism is out of position with the contacts in the gear cover which I think must control the park position etc.
Has anyone taken one of these apart before and got it back together and working? Would like to know before I go trying to remove it all from the car again - it was a bit of a job! Methinks I should have just lubricated the pivot points in the linkage and left the motor alone!
Hopefully someone can save me here so I dont have to get another wiper motor...
Thankyou!

Mark

recovery
23-06-2009, 01:17 PM
did u sort ur wiper ive done the same

HOTARU
04-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Has anyone tried to ask Audi mechanics about this. it seemzlike this is a major problem with the audi range. it must be an inherent problem within the design or assembly

bunt
14-09-2009, 07:13 PM
ive done the same also. i put a switch on to park them for now

bez101
15-09-2009, 09:14 AM
3 1 posters all with same prob hmmmmm

Lateknight
19-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Its probably going to be the mechanism (the two wiper arm spindles come on a tubular bracket) thats more likely to be the bit thats seizing up, not the motor.

Lube that mechanism up (wd40 or similar)

HOTARU
27-09-2009, 12:35 PM
I have managed to fix my wiper motor, it was suffering from the same problems as above. i managed to fix it by cleaning the contact plate with emery cloth and sand paper and also bending the contact prongs a bit more to guarantee contact. also replace the grease and also makesure its sealed by using silicon. his is how i have done it. mine is now sweet good as knew. if you struggling . i can do it for yu for £10 and yu pay for the postage both ways.

DANIEL GOMBERA
29 NORTHFIELD ROAD
GLOUCESTER
GL46TY