PDA

View Full Version : Rear wiper wipes when put into Reverse when front wipers are on.. Question ?

RickT
20-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Rear wiper Wipes when put into Reverse when front wipers are on..

Just thinking out loud on this post......

I dont own a Mk6, but just read on another post about the rear wiper giving a courteous wipe if raining when put into reverse..

But thought i would put this question to the board....

What happens if its raining and you need to reserve and you have a rear bike rack on??

My guess is you have to disable the AUTO rain wipers function, then turn the front wipers off....

Seems like it could be a easy mistake to make......................

Wonder if the wiper has a auto feature that if it "hits" anything or if the motor is put under load it auto returns to its home postition...

Rick

Ben
20-05-2009, 11:11 PM
good question rick,

sit your o/h in her mk5 golf, put the wipers on and engage reverse whilst you stand with your finger simulating the interference of the bike rack and let us know the out come of the test.

james_tiger_woo
21-05-2009, 11:04 AM
No good will come of this.....

RickT
21-05-2009, 10:43 PM
good question rick,

sit your o/h in her mk5 golf, put the wipers on and engage reverse whilst you stand with your finger simulating the interference of the bike rack and let us know the out come of the test.

i left my finger there for as long as i dared..... the wiper was not stopping or returning to home postion!!

Any Mk6 owners fancy trying?? :beerchug: :aargh4:

Rick

Griff449
22-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Take off the wiper and stick some straws to the motor - see how far it goes across!

An idea anyway :)

paul.mgrath
24-05-2009, 11:57 AM
suggest roof bar and bike rack, oh and no low bridges:D

on a serious note mk5 doesn't stop so cant see mk6 only remidy is removal of rear wiper arm when bike rack fitted but bit of a pain.