PDA

View Full Version : Adding CD changer to Audi Chorus

Diagnosis-Dub
31-03-2007, 06:12 PM
Hi

My friends dad has just bought a 2001 Audi A4 1.8 turbo, it has a standard audi chorus head unit made by grundig and he wants to convert it to a CD player rather then the basic radio cassette it has now.

He is interested in buying a single cd radio, I understand audi do one called a concert, but I said he might be able to put a cd changer in the boot as sometimes VW and audi's have the wiring already installed.

Seeing as the headunit has CC/CD on one of the buttons I thought it must be able to control a cd changer so I had a quick look in the boot but couldn't find a connector but thought it may be hidden away, I didn't want to go removing panels as time was limited but would like to find out some more information and then go back for another look.

What I would like to know is.

Can you fit a factory CD changer to a Chorus headunit?

Where would I find this CD changer wiring in the boot?

Thanks for your help. :confused:

Froggy
02-04-2007, 11:32 AM
The Grundig Chorus unit will run the factory CD changer, however they stopped fitting the leads as a standard fit when they face-lifted the models.

From memory the lead from the dealer is lots of money - about £50-£60 I'm afraid...:aargh4:

Maz
02-04-2007, 12:22 PM
If your lucky the wiring will be a 13 pin plug in the cupboard on the passenger side in the boot near the lights;)

Diagnosis-Dub
02-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Cheers for the help, I'll pop round when he is free and investigate if that wire is in the boot.