PDA

View Full Version : Sharan 2.0 auto box cranking problem

planefixer860
12-01-2006, 10:21 PM
Hello

I have a 1998 2.0 petrol auto model. every now and then it refuses to turn over in the park position, if you come out of park and move the selector up and down the slot a few times it usualy then will start ok. I guess there must be some sort of switch either on the box or selector that is not making correctly. any suggestions or advice on how easy to fix please.

Thank you

Dizzydave
23-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Hello

I have a 1998 2.0 petrol auto model. every now and then it refuses to turn over in the park position, if you come out of park and move the selector up and down the slot a few times it usualy then will start ok. I guess there must be some sort of switch either on the box or selector that is not making correctly. any suggestions or advice on how easy to fix please.

Thank you
Hi I have the 1.9 TDI Auto, the guy I brought it from warned me about this problem, apparently its quite common. Its just the switch in the selector button. If it doesnot start then push the button in-out a few times and try again. Mine has had the switch replaced.
Hope this helps.

andy e
28-03-2007, 09:00 PM
strip the selector mech down as follows, allen screw at top of selector lever remove this,pull top of lever off, remove shaft cover and selector gate, under selector gate, on top of switch,there is a brass screw screw this out a bit at a time, this adjusts switch,hope this helps