PDA

View Full Version : oil level sensor 1.6 a3

bez101
19-05-2009, 11:19 PM
daughters a3 2001 1.6 se not had it long a week useing alot of oil no leaks no smokeing etc im thinking oil lever sensor anyone know where it is how hard to change and will it show up on vcds if i scan it im new to the a3
iv only ever had a a4 so know nuffin about the 1.6 lump
:beerchug:

Crasher
19-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Those engines (AEH and AKL) can burn a lot of oil and not show it, the level sensor is in the sump and will come up on the dash fault code read if faulty but I have never had one leak.

bez101
19-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Those engines (AEH and AKL) can burn a lot of oil and not show it, the level sensor is in the sump and will come up on the dash fault code read if faulty but I have never had one leak.
surley crasher 3 ltr in a week with no leak or smoke ?
she put a ltr in at 5ish and came home at 11pm light was back on and prob 30 or 40 mile

oh an crasher does the fsi T sound like a diesel i bet u worked on a few

Crasher
19-05-2009, 11:44 PM
3 litres in a week! That would leave a serious puddle or major smoke! Was it the correct level to start with and that had to be re-filed? Maybe the sump is damaged, it is very common-I had one today.

bez101
19-05-2009, 11:48 PM
3 litres in a week! That would leave a serious puddle or major smoke! Was it the correct level to start with and that had to be re-filed? Maybe the sump is damaged, it is very common-I had one today.
not sure bout the level wen got it light on quick check low 1ltr again a few days later and that tonight not a leak in sight or any smoke i just took it out and booted it around with a pal behind nothing at all i know they all use oil every a4 i had used some this shows a service in march done 2k sinse but from lookin at filters etc it aint been touched havein flush filters an oil tmoro iv checked water not goin in there not even an oil smell when driveing

Crasher
20-05-2009, 09:19 AM
If it is not burning it, not leaking and it is using oil it has to be going somewhere! Set the level back on max and check it again in a 1000 miles and see how much it takes to put it back on max.