PDA

View Full Version : New Audi not blowing any air ?

wali110
19-05-2009, 06:48 PM
I have just bought a used A6 (98) 2.4 V6 from a dealer without any warranty and have come across my first problem :1zhelp:

When I test drove the car, the air blowers were working fine and have been for the past two days. But since this morning, there is absoloutly no air comming out no matter what settings i set the thing to :confused:

If anyone has ever had the same problem or could advice me on what to do then please please please let me know ;)

Other than that....I LUV the Car wohooooooo :biglaugh:

Crasher
19-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Smack the heater duct behind the glovebox with your hand whilst the blower is set to run, if it runs fit a new motor brushes which can be bought off fleaBay or a new motor.

wali110
20-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Smack the heater duct behind the glovebox with your hand whilst the blower is set to run, if it runs fit a new motor brushes which can be bought off fleaBay or a new motor.

thanx for the advice, I didn't really expect to get any answers on here....

I tried smacking anything and everything behind the glovebox but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

The blowers work fine on starting the car for around 3-4 minutes but then suddenly just stop blowing any air.

The car has fsh and loads of receipts, the most recent one which I found was from the 24th of feb 2009.

And near the bottom it reads......

Check function of heater blower system - Code read etc
Requires heater motor £48

The previous owner was charged £48 for the above, would that mean that the heater motor has recently been changed or was he charged £48 just to find the problem :confused:

Thanx for all your help guys I really do apreciate anything.

wali110

Tezza1976
20-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Wali, Iwould imagine the 48 pounds is what they charged for actually checking over the system, thats if it was Audi, a new motor would cost alot more especially if a dealer had also fitted it.
You could pick up a second hand motor for your A6 for around 50 quid and there are plenty to be had. Only depends on how practical you are at fitting it or weather or not you get a garage to fit it. Check out the internet for used parts dealers in your area or alternitively check out ebay as I'm sure someone on there will have one.
If this does'nt help phone the number thats on the reciept and ask them how much they charge for supply and fit of new one.

wali110
24-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Wali, Iwould imagine the 48 pounds is what they charged for actually checking over the system, thats if it was Audi, a new motor would cost alot more especially if a dealer had also fitted it.
You could pick up a second hand motor for your A6 for around 50 quid and there are plenty to be had. Only depends on how practical you are at fitting it or weather or not you get a garage to fit it. Check out the internet for used parts dealers in your area or alternitively check out ebay as I'm sure someone on there will have one.
If this does'nt help phone the number thats on the reciept and ask them how much they charge for supply and fit of new one.

thank you soo soooo much my friend.....may all your problems vanish for all the care you have for others........:Blush:

wali110
26-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Hi again everyone

I have still unfortunately not been able to fix the problem as of yet.

I have taken the blower motor out and turned the brushes 180 degrees which made no difference.

Took the blower motor to a garage to get it tested and it worked fine.

I works sometimes in the car aswell.

I have tried a different blower motor on the car which also does not seem to work.

Also tried a different resistor with o luck......

Anyone know of any other possibilites of why its not blowin any air ?

Thanx for all your help guys,

wali110