PDA

View Full Version : Radio works but no CD player

witm
19-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Hi all,

I need some help.

I was driving listening to my CD when it suddenly cut out! The radio works as normal and when i click CD i can hear it swirling and the display is as normal, just counting the seconds on the song.

Everything is working as it should except that no sounds is heard for CDs. I have tried two cds. At one point I heard clicking sounds from the speakers but not anymore?

Any ideas?

Thanks

kite
19-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Try running a cleaning disc through it.

witm
19-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the response. Yeah I'll try that first before I do anything else. Actually come to think of it, it might just be a bit of dust/dirt in the unit because everything else is working!

Thanks

witm
03-06-2009, 05:27 PM
I cleaned the lens with two different lens-cleaner-cds but nothing has changed. When I took the CD out the CD was HOT and when I took the unit out the unit metal case was VERY HOT. (it was a hot day tho!)

Does anyone else have any other ideas? Heres a long shot but are there any wires in the back that carries CD audio to the speakers seperatly from RADIO audio? I ask because visually the unit seems to be working perfectly; there are no error messages and you can go from track to track and you can see the seconds ticking, and also the radio works as it should.

Im so stuck with this one!

mc11
04-06-2009, 12:36 PM
How old is the car? Because if its within the manufacturers warranty, then take it back to a main dealer?

Hope that helps.

witm
04-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunatly the car is now a bit on an oldie now...2002.

2002 (52) Audi A3 1.9TDi 3DR

I have spoken to them and they have said the warranty for the CD player was for three years only and thus has expired :(