PDA

View Full Version : Newbie saying Hello

Merlin123
18-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Hi All,

Just joined the forum and thought I would introduce myself.

After a couple of BMW M-Sports and a brief(ish) affair with a Merc C class sport I have decided to take the plunge with an Audi for my next car.

I have ordered an A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Executive S-Line with B&O in Phantom Black. Silver stitching to seats, gators etc and optional 30mm height drop

Delivery confirmed for late June. I have to say I am really looking forward to it. I have always been a RWD fan so it will be interesting to see how my first 4WD car behaves.

Anybody with one of these care to give their ownership thoughts

Chris

73kingstonroad
18-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Hi and Welcome...

Nice choice of car. When did you order it for a late June delivery.

Martin

kavithakrar
18-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Hi All,

After a couple of BMW M-Sports and a brief(ish) affair with a Merc C class sport I have decided to take the plunge with an Audi for my next car.

I have ordered an A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Executive S-Line with B&O in Phantom Black. Silver stitching to seats, gators etc and optional 30mm height drop

Delivery confirmed for late June. I have to say I am really looking forward to it. I have always been a RWD fan so it will be interesting to see how my first 4WD car behaves.

Chris

Hi,

I am picking my 2.0TFSI up from the dealer this Thursday.

Here is my spec:

Audi A4 Saloon 2.0 TFSI 211 PS Quattro- Executive S-Line
Automatic 7-speed Dual Clutch- S Tronic
Metallic Paint- Lava Grey
Milano Leather Full Seat- Black
Wheels- 19"x8.5J '7-arm double spoke'
B&O Speakers
Bluetooth- High
Technology Pack
Comfort Pack
Heated Seats- Front and Back
Parking System Plus
Audi Hill Hold Assist
Advanced Key
Storage Pack
Rear Side Window Blinds
Interior Light Pack
Deletion Model and Engine Capacity
Sunroof

Will let you know how it is.....this weekend!!!
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

mcintosh2011
18-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Hi All,

Chris
Hi Merlin 123,
Welcome, I am pretty new to the site also , nice choice of car, Picked up my 2.0 quattro avant last week and love it.

Merlin123
21-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys.

73kingstonroad - I ordered the car late March and was given a 12 week waiting time

Kavithakrar - that's some spec on yours! Mine is a company car so kept the options to a minimum to keep a lid on the tax

Mcintosh - glad you like it. I am really looking forward to having a tear around in mine. Have had RWD for the last 4 cars and FWD before that. I am keen to see how the handling compares round the twisties.

Chris

ry19
21-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Welcome too. Similar to mcintosh for me, a couple of weeks into ownership of a 2.0 Tfsi Quattro Avant (manual) and thoroughly enjoying it. First Audi for me, having switched from a Volvo S40 2.0D Sport - not a bad car for dull motorway miles by any means, but not a patch on the A4.

Biggest impression so far is that even taking some care with early mileage, there is so much power on offer from a standing start that I'm very glad I opted for quattro (particularly living out in the sticks). I gather wheelspin can be an issue in FWD variants in certain conditions, although in-gear the lighter weight gives them the edge.

Only a couple of minor blips: there seems to be a very slight hitch in the power delivery in 2nd gear at around 2500 RPM when accelerating moderately - barely noticeable if pulling harder. Not sure if this is a common issue, and whether it's applicable to auto 'boxes. Doesn't really bother me.

Also, I have noticed that when braking quite hard, there is some tramlining, which may be partly down to having the 19" alloys. Quite manageable though, and I forget it very quickly when booting it out of the corner! There have been a few grumbles about S-line ride quality in general on lesser roads, but I haven't found it a problem - I'd guess the 30mm drop wouldn't change this view, as you can't pair that with the 19" wheels.

Just my few penneth worth!