PDA

View Full Version : VW polo clutch/warranty

s0niX
30-03-2007, 10:57 PM
im taking my car to VW on tuesday because if i start the car take it out of gear listen to the engine then put the clutch in the engine makes a different noise. then when i let clutch go the sound goes bak.

The sound seems normal when the clutch is in.. weird... Sounds like something is loose....

Anyways, I asked them if its under warranty and they said yes.. well depending if its my fault by how i drive... how can they determind this? Because im sure on tuesday i will go there and they will say its my fault.

Im a normal driver not heavy footed, drove many cars before and never had a clutch problem...

So what should i do if they blame it on me? Yes i can say no.. i drive normally.. but its my word against theres.....

Eshrules
31-03-2007, 09:11 AM
im taking my car to VW on tuesday because if i start the car take it out of gear listen to the engine then put the clutch in the engine makes a different noise. then when i let clutch go the sound goes bak.

The sound seems normal when the clutch is in.. weird... Sounds like something is loose....

Anyways, I asked them if its under warranty and they said yes.. well depending if its my fault by how i drive... how can they determind this? Because im sure on tuesday i will go there and they will say its my fault.

Im a normal driver not heavy footed, drove many cars before and never had a clutch problem...

So what should i do if they blame it on me? Yes i can say no.. i drive normally.. but its my word against theres.....

they will be able to tell by the wear on the clutch, clutches wear differently, for instance with mechanical failure or with user abuse....

i doubt they will turn around and say it is your fault if it isnt.... as youd go elsewhere, have it assessed and prove them wrong...

s0niX
31-03-2007, 09:30 AM
Cheers thanks