PDA

View Full Version : S-line & S-Line Executive comparison?

scottishbud
17-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Hi, I have a A4 S-line which I bought last September and am delighted with. My father is also planning ordering a new S-line, however the executive version as it is cheaper. I hope there is someone out there who can explain to us why it is cheaper? The audi sales person we are dealing with says it is the same as the S-line and with some additional features!!! Whats the catch???

I would be grateful of some help?

onemanparty
17-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Hi, I have a A4 S-line which I bought last September and am delighted with. My father is also planning ordering a new S-line, however the executive version as it is cheaper. I hope there is someone out there who can explain to us why it is cheaper? The audi sales person we are dealing with says it is the same as the S-line and with some additional features!!! Whats the catch???

I would be grateful of some help?

It all down to the Credit Crunch and getting one over BMW and Mercedes that is all. Campaigns to keep people buying

scottishbud
17-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Why not just sell the S-line executive then; instead of the two options at the moment with the basic S-line more expensive?

onemanparty
17-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Why not just sell the S-line executive then; instead of the two options at the moment with the basic S-line more expensive?

S-line will always be in the model line up but the Executive offer is just that an offer for the next 6 to 12 months. The focus on these offers looks like company cars drivers i.e. 143PS 2.0TDI which is cheaper that S-line only and lower BIK

ScottyUK
17-05-2009, 11:34 PM
Even without the special offer, the Exec pack is a no brainer.

For £635 you get some descent kit :

£465 for alcantara
£365 for mobile phone prep.
£185 for cruise control
£270 for symphony

so a saving of 1285-635= £650

However that's not the end of it! Take a flick through the brochure and you'll see it saves a lot more moneht than that.

I ordered the Tech pack and since it was to go on an Exec it made it £500 cheaper. Therefore the Exec kit only effectively cost £135. I then ordered full leather which went from £795 down to £330.

So for £635 it's got made in the region of £<a shed load> of difference :biglaugh: