PDA

View Full Version : Scratches & paint chips

Naseem
17-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Hi all, I've been noticing all the paint chips and scatches on the car more and more since the wheather's been sunny and it's really getting on my nerves now.

I picked up some turtle wax colour scratch remover and it's not really done too well. I've attached a photo of the kind of thing I'm looking to fix, I took it this morning.

Is there anything affordable I can do? It's generally concentrated around the bonnet.

curiousgeorge
03-06-2009, 01:24 PM
That looks bad. If you can feel them with your nail then products like t-cut won't really help.

Is it like that all over?

Looks like you need some touch up paint. It may not look perfect but from a distance it would hide those white marks.

Naseem
03-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Hi thanks for the reply.

It's only like that around the front bumper and bonnet. Someone suggested that all cars get that, but that it only shows up on colours like mine.

You can't feel them so much, but tried some coloured scratch remover paste, didn't work so well.

Another annoying this is keeping it looking sparkling; I've washed and waxed it and even after a couple of drives in this sunny weather and it's covered in light haze of dust, which takes that sparkle off.

ndwall
07-06-2009, 10:29 PM
I'm having my front bumper and bonnett done for £350 cash by local spray shop and thats a Saab 9-5 so fairly large.

See if you can find a local spray shop willing to do a special price ;) I have tried loads of products and nothing works like a respray. Oh apart from a vinyl wrap but thats as much as a respray.

Nick