I am only getting average of 22/23 mph mixture of town dual carriageway

driving. What fuel do others use for this engine, car was sitting in

honda garage for six months only did 50 miles

I have noticed that engine idle speed is only about 650/700 is this normal

had golf 2.0 gt tdi before quiet a difference fuel wise

Andy Glasgow

towcestervag
28-05-2009, 03:10 AM
fsi engines should run on super unleaded ie shell optimax i suggest you check your book

fabusy
29-06-2009, 06:28 PM
you can also use Sainsbury 97 ron fuel, I don't notice much difference in mpg figures and it's cheaper than Shell. But I still recomend Shel Optimax now and then as it is superior. Hope this helps.

ANDY767
10-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Hi everyone

got to the problem of fuel consumption

the clutch went about two weeks ago

the plate had a flaw split from one end to the other

rac towed to garage

local vw were very good no problem with warranty claim

the car is now doing between 26 - 28 mph

hopefully no more problems

Andy Glasgow

mordred1973
17-10-2009, 11:09 PM
sounds about right...I have a 2007 Leon FR tfsi which spends its life on tesco 99 ron and returns about 27/28 or about 31 max on a long run......

on the very rare occassion I've had no choice, tesco 95, fuel consumption seems same, but deffo less go in the lower ranges on 95

Chris

Teflon
20-10-2009, 03:37 PM
You will find a lot of debate on this forum about the value of "normal" versus "premium" fuel, for both petrol and diesel models. Those using the pricey stuff swear that they get more mpg and better performance. Most of the rest of us can't see any difference. Various tests in the motoring press have generally tended to come out as no benefit, or very little benefit for the substantial extra price. The EOS manual says that using a higher octane fuel "has no advantage in terms of fuel consumption and engine power" (section 3.2 page 46)

The handbook doesn't say the TFSI must be run on fancy juice (at least not the 2007 manual for either the EOS or the GTI), it just needs 95RON. Supermarket stuff works okay. Your mpg isn't a surprise for the type of driving you are doing. You will notice a hit with the roof down in good weather, especially if you don't have the wind deflector.