PDA

View Full Version : suspension and sunroof probs

jonah290
16-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Hi folks,
This is my 1st post. I'm the proud owner of a 1998 A8 auto V6 which I've had for five years. I'm upto 230000 miles so far! I've had very few problems. Can any one help with these niggling problems:
I carry a full load all the time and the back end is sagging it's wearing the rear tyres on the inside edge prematurely. I want to replace the springs does anyone know of springs that will cope with extra weight?
My sunroof has lost the plot! When turning switch to any position on tilt or slide it just goes up and down, up and down then stays up. I had the guy who looks after it (an ex audi master tech) change the switch and this has partly solved the problem, now it tilts up and down ok but if it slides back more than a little bit you have to close it with the emergency handle. My mechanic did the procedure needed to recalibrate the motors a few times when he fitted the new switch but this hasn't resolved the problem.:zx11::confused: Can anyone help with these issues please?

a8 tech
16-05-2009, 10:04 PM
if the motor is losing its memory then its defective or there is a defect with the sunroof cartridge

jonah290
16-05-2009, 10:32 PM
hi
what do you mean by "sunroof cartridge"?

a8 tech
16-05-2009, 10:34 PM
The mechanical cartridge that allows the roof to open/close/tilt

jonah290
16-05-2009, 10:39 PM
ok thanks. Sounds expensive! I'll live with it for now. Any ideas on my suspension trouble?