PDA

View Full Version : Question Parrot MKi9000 - rear speakers?

shuggy1001
16-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Hi Guys,

Have installed a Parrot MKi9000 bluetooth car kit in my A4, all working fine except i'm not getting audio through the rear speakers.
This is fine for phone calls, but would like the iPod function to work through all speakers in the car.
Have done some looking about online and realise that the rear speakers are amplified and somehow controlled through the CD-Changer port on the back of the stereo. I have also read that the only way to get all working together is to purchase a CD Changer to Aux in connector... These seem quite expensive and most other people saying that they have used this option refer to disabling 'mute when streaming' function on the parrot. I don't think this option exists with the MKi9000 model, so does anyone have any suggestions as to what the best route from me to take is?
I was using a Dension ipod dock before and this went through the CD Changer port and through all speakers perfectly, was hoping to replace it with the parrot kit...
Also, if i do go down the route of having a AUX in converter put in, will i have to have the stereo set to CD changer to get audio from the ipod through the rear speakers?

Many thanks.