PDA

View Full Version : Interference or non-interference?

01alam
16-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Hi All,

I have been searching all over the internet and all over this forum but couldn't find any info on whether VAG engines are interference or not?

I have a 1996 12V 2.6 V6 engine - obviously an older design, would that be non-interference?

Thanks
Angus

MikkiJayne
16-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Anything multi-valve or diesel will be interference. 2 valves per cylinder might not be, such as some Scirocco and early Golf engines, the early small-blocks (1.05-1.3), and the G-lader engines.

If I remember right the 2.6 V6 is not an interference engine, but don't take that as gospel!

01alam
16-05-2009, 11:41 PM
Anything multi-valve or diesel will be interference. 2 valves per cylinder might not be, such as some Scirocco and early Golf engines, the early small-blocks (1.05-1.3), and the G-lader engines.

If I remember right the 2.6 V6 is not an interference engine, but don't take that as gospel!

Thanks for the help, just came across this: http://www.gates.com/brochure.cfm?brochure=2256&location_id=3487

Might be a good idea for someone to highlight this thread as the attached link seem to be very useful!

Its in PDF and is too big as an attachement

Angus