PDA

View Full Version : A6 Avant 2006 installing interior help cable plus rear seat

bdm2510
15-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Dear members,

I am looking for some help in ionstalling an S-line leather interior into an SE spec 2006 A6 Avant. The leather seat has a directional switch which sits on the door side. A cable and block runs to the floor panel. However, my original seats were cloth and manual. When I lift the cover there is no connecting block. Only the existing airbag + seat belt connected block. Any help appreciated. Is it provided on the loom or can the 2 wires be easily connected. I assume that they are positive / negative to activate the motor.

Also how do you remove the rear seats. I think you remove the lower seat by pulling the front and pressing it back. How do you removing the back rest ones as well? Any help appreciated.

Finally, I disconnected the battery at the negative to install the front seats. This allowed me to disconnect the airbags switch without error. However, the ESP light comes on at start up. I haven`t moved the car forward (as it is garaged to remove and install the interior) and not sure if the ESP should go out whilst moving or shortluy after start up. Puzzled and again any help appreciated. I also wonder if taking the negative off triggered this. perhaps I`m worrying for nothing but don`t fancy a trip to Audi. The airbag warning light didn`t appear so pleased about this.

Look forward to hearing from you in any one of the 3 queries

bdm2510
15-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Dear members,

I have managed to answer one of my questions. When you disconnect the battery the ESP warning light will come on automatically. Only when you drive off does it re-initialise and switch. I`m pretty sure when I do this the light will go off. Any help on other 2 questions appreciated.

Just a note for any other members removing seats, the airbag lights will come on if you put on the ignition whilst changing sets. Best not to put key in ignition or remove negative lead to carry out installation.

bdm2510
17-05-2009, 10:51 PM
Dear members,

Sorted another problem. To remove the base rear seat, i) Pull front upwards, ii) apply pressure down and towards boot and the seat pops up. Basically it holds on a bar with hooks 2 rear pins at the back. To remove the rear back rests. Simply fold seats down and between 1/3 and 2/3 seat position there is a plastic cover. Remove by pushing toward from of car. You will then see a torq srew which you loosen. Then remove metal plate which it hold. Pull rhs seat up upwards and pull to right to remove 2/3 seat. On lhs pull upwards and pull to left hand side. Easy when you know how.

That simply leaves one techical question to be answered. I have motorised lumber support front seats. The block fits into the floor pan area but there is no adjoing block. How do I get power to the motor which only contains 2 wires. Is ther a block hidden within the loom nearby? Can I tap into the existing loom ie +ve/ -ve. Any help appreciated to complete installation.:confused: