PDA

View Full Version : electric vacuum pump

gaz238
30-03-2007, 04:45 PM
vag com is giving 17787 - brake boost vacuum system. my vehicle is an a6 2.0 petrol cvt is fitted with an electric vacuum pump which they fit to automatics, not sure why. i think it gives additional vacuum to the servo. it is located next to the power steering fluid. i believe this to be the cause of the problem as if i disconnect it from the hose and press the brake pedal, there is no response from it at all - no vacuum/noise etc. unless it`s the electrical connection? if this was the case i presume it would be the fuse which would affect other things. the problem is audi want £200 for a new one which i could not return if it was not the pump which was defective ! does anyone know how i can find out if it is the pump or the connector etc which is defective before i part with the cash. has anyone else had problems with this ? any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. also, can anyone explain the function of this part which might give me a better idea of what the problem might be