PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Body Alignment - option not enabled

BobProperty
15-05-2009, 03:53 PM
1.6 AEE so Marelli electrics.
Cleaned throttle body on car as it was filthy and idle was high, especially when cold. Plugged in the VAGCOM and do following:
(as nicked from Ross-Tech wiki)

Turn the key on but do not start the car.

[Select]
[01 - Engine]
[Measuring Blocks - 08]

Enter Group 098 (Note: Some SIMOS or Marelli ECU's use Group 001 such as ADY & AEE engines)

[Go!]
[Switch to basic settings]

First, neither 001 nor 098 have "ADP" in them unlike our AEX. Second, and more importantly, the "Switch to basic settings" remains "greyed out" so you can't click on it. So is 001 or 098 the wrong group? Is there an alternative group on AEEs because I've paged through the groups and couldn't see anything like ADP?

Explanation anyone? I'm thinking the throttle body is duff as it seems to keep setting itself and doesn't stop a few minutes after the ignition is on.

kenney
15-05-2009, 04:09 PM
01 engine management 04 basic setting and 001 system in basic settings. The throttle valve positioner will be moved to the min., max. and three intermediate positions and the control unit will store each individual throttle valve angle in the non-volatile memory. This procedure lasts approx. 10 seconds. The throttle valve will then remain in the start position.

BobProperty
15-05-2009, 08:16 PM
I'll have another go tomorrow. Does it not say ADP... because it's a Marelli?

kenney
15-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Listen to the unit and see if you hear any response