PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered 1.4TSI SE . . .

cdgthreesalmons
15-05-2009, 01:45 PM
First what a great forum! Just become a member and already finding interesting "nuggets" of info.

Just ordered 2010 spec 1.4 TSI SE 122 Manual

With:

Blue graphite pearl paint
Beige Vienna Leather
RMS-510 Touch screen satnav
Hill hold
Luxury pack
Storage Pack
2 zone climate
Dealer fitted chrome boot edge trim
Dealer fitted steel "Golf" door sill trims
Dealer mats

Sadly have to wait for build week 32 but I am sure the wait will be worth it.

Got a cracking deal from my local dealer. Basically he would match the very best internet broker deal (drivethedeal). Managed to save 11.5%!! Very happy!!

nebw
15-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Hi,

I agree - great forum. Nice to have something for Mk6 owners specifically, as there are definitely issues specific to the Mk6, especially queries about spec / new features.

Blue graphite is my favourite Golf colour, had it on a Mk5 GTI, it's very discreet without being boring, suits the grown up feel of the Mk6 especially if the car is "posh" spec inside, as yours is with the leather.

I've ordered a few cars from drivethedeal, great outfit. Maybe your local dealer is a supplier to them anyway, and can save himself an introducer's fee ?

Do you get a leather steering wheel with leather seats ? That was the one thing that really bugged me about the SE spec. Love the rest of the spec.

Will definitely look at getting the stainless steel trims, but the retail prices are steep. I wonder what the trade prices are.

Cheers

NEBW

maisbitt
15-05-2009, 03:14 PM
11.5% is an impressive saving - i'm assuming you had no trade in or something that was highly desireable as a trade in, unless he gave you a great deal on the new car and shafted you on the part ex.

It can happen, agree the part ex price before you start discounts so the dealer doesn't rob peter to pay paul.

I hate factory orders - too much waiting time! It's the only way to go if you want a unique set of options (obscure combination or rare options). You might've been waiting even longer if you were after a sunroof.

cdgthreesalmons
15-05-2009, 05:34 PM
No trade in - just a great deal!!

As far as I know leather steering wheel is included - youve got me thinking now - better check!!

Managed to get the dealer to fit the stainless trims at no cost - saves a little - not that there is much fitting required.

dmw76
15-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Nice spec mate, what do the stainless steel boot trims look like?

nebw
15-05-2009, 08:23 PM
As far as I know leather steering wheel is included - youve got me thinking now - better check!!

False alarm - yes, it's definitely included.

HHGTTG
15-05-2009, 09:04 PM
11.5% is an impressive saving - i'm assuming you had no trade in or something that was highly desireable as a trade in, unless he gave you a great deal on the new car and shafted you on the part ex.

It can happen, agree the part ex price before you start discounts so the dealer doesn't rob peter to pay paul.

I hate factory orders - too much waiting time! It's the only way to go if you want a unique set of options (obscure combination or rare options). You might've been waiting even longer if you were after a sunroof.
Ha, Ha, did you have me in mind, there?
Week 31 still seems a long time away for me, especially when I ordered late February.

cdgthreesalmons
16-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Phew . . . glad the leather wheel was included!

Stainless trims look great (in the pictures!) - havent seena car fitted with them yet.

Check out: https://www.volkswagen-zubehoer-shop.de/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?langId=-3&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&parent_category_rn=12464&categoryId=13364&top_category=30842&isThirdMenueActive=true&thirdLevelMenueId=13364#CategoryPage&identifier=1242471023640

This is VW Germany's accesory list for the Golf VI. Some interesting items not yet seen in the UK!