PDA

View Full Version : fuel problem?

johnbun
15-05-2009, 11:17 AM
hi I have just joined,looks really good.I have a 1986 gti cab thats got a possible fuel problem.After it warms up,engine tends to cut out when you try to rev engine,starts up and does same again,this is how it carries on.Anyone got any clues?

tamthebam16v
18-06-2009, 02:52 PM
i have the same problem she will start and tick over fine but will not rev starved of fuel but i have changed my tank+filler neck+4 new injectors+new fuel pump,and have changed my metering head and there is no change will start first turn tick over fine but will not rev ,

anyone any ideas

willowraf
20-06-2009, 02:13 PM
hi I have just joined,looks really good.I have a 1986 gti cab thats got a possible fuel problem.After it warms up,engine tends to cut out when you try to rev engine,starts up and does same again,this is how it carries on.Anyone got any clues?

Normal problem is down to rust in the tank from filler neck corrosion... So like above change things and flush out the fuel lines... Quick check for this is to gain acces to pump and swop over fuel lines i.e you return line to tank becomes your main and remember to do it at the other end..Your return line contains not rust due to you have filtered it with the fuel filter for all of its life.. Hope this helps..