PDA

View Full Version : Help new TT owner Please?

khai
14-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Hi one and all,
Just got a 2002 225BHP coupe and the very next day after buying it the temp gauge went of the scale after about 4 miles down the road then the warning beeper goes off YIKES
Had a look around and found you guys and all the problems with dash pods etc YIKES again just what have i spent my hard earned on ???
I have to say the drive home was great and i have fallen for the TT big time it was an hours drive and it didn't miss a beat and drove like a car a third of its age.

So after looking around the forums I started it up and then put in the 49C on the display and found engine and water temp setting ok.
Drove up the road monitoring the tamp gauge and 49c water temp and sure temp gauge stayed at 90 for a while and the temp on 49c displayed 90 then 91 then 92 and continued up to 100 or so when the temp gauge went of scale and the warning beep came on. While this happen I then choose 51c on the display which i believe is engine temp and it stayed solid steady 90.
Drove back home parked up.

I don't know weather I have dash pod problems sensor problems or thermostat problems.
Is it possible that some bright helpful person would be able to confirm what my next step should be to try and resolve this problem ????????
Thanking any one in advance.

kite
14-05-2009, 03:19 PM
I would change the sensor first as its the cheapest.
But it does sound like a water pump problem..

khai
14-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Thanks but why do you think water pump ???

kite
14-05-2009, 03:46 PM
The pump impeller breaks off the shaft, shaft spins, impeller doesn't, so no or very little water circulating round the engine.

khai
14-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Any Idea as to how i check its the pump ?????

kite
14-05-2009, 03:52 PM
No way to check without taking the pump off.
Change the sensor first.