PDA

View Full Version : rear windscreen wiper & leak in passanger foot well

anopinion
14-05-2009, 02:45 PM
hello just bought a 1.9 TDI Avant quattro and noticed one real problem that I was hoping a kind sole in this forum could help me with :Blush:

when I try to wash the back window with the water jet on the rear wiper, water drips in to the front passanger footwell?

i presume it is something to do with a leaky pipe, but any info on what I should be looking for would be most appreciated

cheers

anopinion

johrea
14-05-2009, 03:00 PM
I had the same problem and my brother in law (works for Audi) fixed it in 10 minutes.

1ST DO NOT use the rear washwipe until it is fixed as there is a lot of electrical wiring right near the leaking area.

Basically there is a pressure build up which forces a connection apart. You will need to remove the kick panel and glove box and reconnect the 2 sections of tubing. Its a bit fiddly though. Once this was done he put some insulating tape around the join.

In time it may happen again - I now watch the footwell and not the rear window when using it.

The front seems unnafected by this problem.

anopinion
14-05-2009, 03:03 PM
thank you, will get to it on the week-end

cheers

HomerSimpson
15-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Hi,
Just a quickie on the hose, I had the same prob. It is reasonably easy to fix, first remove the small panel on the side of the dash, then remove the glove box, there are 5 screws holding this in place, 2 behind the panel you have just removed, 2 in the right hand side of the glove box and 1 on the top front edge. I recommend a 10mm socket and a small extension bar as the 2 on the inside are in a recess. Then disconnect the wires, these are for the light in the glove box etc. Now remove the small panel in the footwell, you should now be able to access the hose, albeit a bit fiddly, well that is if you are like me and have large hands!! :biglaugh: Replacement is a reversal of the above, the 2 screws inside the glove box are a bit of a fiddle to get back in but the rest is straight forward.
Hope this is of help.