PDA

View Full Version : Mudflaps - are they worth the bother?

maisbitt
14-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Who here has mudflaps on their Scirocco?

I'm considering them, but £106 for a set of 4 seems exorbitant (when it's £60 a set on the Golf).

Has anyone racked up any decent miles without them to confirm whether they have a load of paint chips up the side of the car as a result of not having mudflaps?

maisbitt
18-05-2009, 02:24 PM
I suppose the lack of replies after 13 views suggests no one feels strongly either way.

I will have a look at the used forecourt at the dealer, try and find a 2 or 3 year old Golf without mudflaps and see how stonechipped that car is up the sides.

The mudflaps blended in on the Golf as the lower part of the rear bumper was black plastic, same shade as the mudflaps. The Scirocco's rear bumper is all painted, so it'll show more on the rears. Black on Pewter Grey wouldn't look so bad though.

RacingBMW
10-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Mudflaps, i think there disgusting on cars..... imho.. some people may be into rubber on cars :aargh4:

J

tjdixon
20-12-2009, 03:17 PM
This reply is probably a bit late but...

I had a MK4 golf with mud flaps on, when it came to the time of sale, a friend wanted the mud flaps so I took them off to find a load of rust lurking behind the front ones so put them back on, after that I wouldn't want them on my car again!

My Skoda has 110k on the clock, no mud flaps and no damage / chips to the side of the car that I have noticed...

Keithuk
28-02-2010, 05:15 PM
I know this is an old topic but I was searching for mud flaps.

I had a MK4 golf with mud flaps on, when it came to the time of sale, a friend wanted the mud flaps so I took them off to find a load of rust lurking behind the front ones

Thats because the bodywork wasn't treated before they were fitted. ;)

dataconn
11-03-2010, 09:05 PM
im considering mud flaps, but not to protectthe paint, to stop the annoying chunks of rubber that come off the wheels when hot and melt onto the bodywork on the front doors. its hard work to get it off again.