PDA

View Full Version : A4 cab to hand car wash

A4B6Cab
14-05-2009, 07:04 AM
taking my new A4 cab to the hand car wash where 3 or 4 guys wash it over while you wait, what do i do about the roof? I'm guessing they'll know what to do/how to clean it, just thought Id check as i didnt fancy them screwing it up and trying to argue it out with them in a foreign language :zx11:

would do it today by hand but not got the time, hence me visiting these guys

cheers in advance

tlionhart
14-05-2009, 01:22 PM
your best of doing it yourself. A cabriolet won't take you long any way. You gotta be careful with the pressure hose, when going over the roof. Instead, the pressure needs to be kept at a distance and 'sprayed' rather than blasted.

You shouldn't apply any soap/suds to the roof either. This can mark the roof. Instead use a cabriolet roof hood cleaner. (from halfords) Like i said, your best of doing it yourself.

I don't use them brushes down the jet wash, instead i take my own bucket and suds and fill the bucket there. I also use my own wash mit. If you don't wanna take your bucket down, then just AT LEAST take your own wash mit. And use the spray soap from the machine (again avoid the roof) then go over with your mit. Rinse then if you want dry it off using a terry towel or chamois leather.

As for the hood, the spray should be enough to loosen bird droppings, sap, traffic film and other dirt/debris.

I personally don't recommend the polish car washes, because they don't put their equipment back properly. Causes swirls and scratches! Nor have i ever seen them rinse their equipment before washing the next car!

As for time, just do it when your free. Just perhaps go around the car and remove bird droppings. If the car is covered in the stuff, then just give it a spray yourself. Todays rain should help too. its best to delay the wash till your free, than get them to do it! Besides the cars your pride and joy!! Its more fun when you do it yourself! :D

elitedetailer
20-05-2009, 12:05 PM
taking my new A4 cab to the hand car wash where 3 or 4 guys wash it over while you wait, what do i do about the roof? I'm guessing they'll know what to do/how to clean it, just thought Id check as i didnt fancy them screwing it up and trying to argue it out with them in a foreign language :zx11:

would do it today by hand but not got the time, hence me visiting these guys

cheers in advance

Hi

You are better off washing yourself as said above, it's likely they will ruin your paintwork with scratches and other blemishes within a single wash. I would strongly advise against taking it to any kind of car wash.

There is a simple guide here: http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=50891

Regards
EliteDetailer