PDA

View Full Version : T45e Hand scanner for 1998 B5

andysuth
13-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Hi,

I've just tried to get a handscanner from eBay (a T45e) working with a 1998 Audi A4. (b5)

I can't get the error codes or the airbag lights to reset.

I constantly get "error" (communications error).

Has anyone bought a reasonably priced hand scanner and can advise me as to which is the best to get for the 1998 B5?

I've tried hard reseting the computer (removing -ve off the car battery for 5 minutes) and it gives one error code, which I correctly reset.

When I scan "ABS" I have the hand Brake light flash on and the dashboard bleeps.

I know the OBDII on my car works as I've read it with a authentic Ross Tech Cable. I just can't seem to get anything else working.

Any recommendations for a hand scanner that will work?

-Andy

andysuth
16-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Can anyone recommend a make/model of a hand scanner that works with a 1998 Audi A4?

-AS

blackcabs
27-05-2009, 07:25 PM
I have just bought the T55 and im having the same problems on the same car, The scan tool will read some of the cars modules but not the main ecu.
Very dissapointed

paulds
29-09-2009, 08:18 PM
I have also bought the T55 from Quicklynks and also have problems woth the communication with the ecu of my new skoda superb. The vendor told me that within a couple of weeks, an upgrade for the software of this scantool will be available.
Let's hope for the best :)

andysuth
29-09-2009, 09:02 PM
I actually went back to using the cheap eBy Cable, did the job, just haven't done it since and the A/B lights are on again!

Let me know how you get on with the firmware update, I'll happily buy one again if yours work.

-AS