PDA

View Full Version : Are all Leather seats heated.

netherfield
13-05-2009, 07:21 PM
There may be a problem arising here,when ordering the car I was told no need to order the winter pack because Leather seats always have heaters fitted.

Now it appears from talking to Milton Keynes this is not the case,I can see an argument brewing with the dealer who sort of denies saying this now.

The buttons on the two zone light up as if they are heating the seats,but nothing is getting warm.

knt
13-05-2009, 08:04 PM
I think heated heats are optional extras, well on the MK5 anyways, not sure about this MK6 specs.

vdubdavy
13-05-2009, 08:34 PM
There may be a problem arising here,when ordering the car I was told no need to order the winter pack because Leather seats always have heaters fitted.

Now it appears from talking to Milton Keynes this is not the case,I can see an argument brewing with the dealer who sort of denies saying this now.

The buttons on the two zone light up as if they are heating the seats,but nothing is getting warm.

According to the price list vienna leather upholstery includes heated front seats

WeegieBob
13-05-2009, 08:39 PM
I've dug out the pricing booklet for the various options - my copy is dated 01.12.2008 and was the issue I used when ordering my Golf in January.

Page 10: Factory Fitted Options

Upholstery & Trims - 'Vienna' Leather:

SE Model - 'Vienna' leather upholstery and leather trimmed steering wheel ........ grip. Including heated front sports seats, .......... £1786.00

GT Model: 'Vienna' leather upholstery including heated front sports seats, ........ £1615.00

Granted there has since been a price rise, however heated seats were an intrinsic part of the leather option certainly earlier this year.

WeegieBob.

nokiauk
13-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Would seem daft to have the buttons on the dual zone and them not to do anything, it can take a minute of 2 for mine to get warm, so you could try leaving them a bit longer,

netherfield
14-05-2009, 10:29 AM
I have heated seats in my Phaeton,they work within minutes.

I suffer with back pain and the heated seats help a lot,a lot cheaper than paying for physio,this is why I was keen to have them in the Golf,and they are a lot quicker at warming you up on a cold day.

dmw76
14-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Ive got heated seats in my mk6 and they do take a couple of minutes to warm through. Maybe a fuse has blown in the box for the heated seats? Get the dealer to check them, or are they saying there deffo isnt any heaters in the seats?

nebw
14-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Hi Netherfield,

How are you getting on with your Phaeton ? Is it a recent build ? 3.0tdi ? I was mad about them for a while, still have fond memories of mine, but am looking for slightly different things in a car now.

When I had mine, I used to like just sitting in it, without going anywhere, just appreciating the interior and listening to the awesome stereo.

Regards

NEBW

netherfield
14-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Hi nebw.

The Phaeton is superb,3 years old last month,3.0 Diesel.

Father has a Merc,I think the Phaeton beats it hands down for comfort and is quieter too.

I don't do a lot of mileage now and hope to keep it for as long as I can.

Only problem I've had is when the salesman,who lives quite near,picked it up to take for the test managed to run in to the back of someone else,it took 3 weeks to get all the parts needed to fix it.

As to the Golf,the dealer will collect and sort the seats when the private plates are ready to fit.

nebw
15-05-2009, 07:48 AM
Glad you like it.

I'm aiming to make my Golf as quiet, at least up to the legal speed limit. Might be a little bit more wind noise round the screen edge and mirrors that can't be eliminated at sensible cost, but otherwise it should be do-able, certainly if I swap down to 16s.

Have you looked at the VWVortex forum for Phaetons ? I was uk_nick on there.

Cheers

NEBW

netherfield
09-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Just to update,turned out to be a loose relay,not been seated properly when car was built.