PDA

View Full Version : 19" rs wheel problem

Audi Happy
13-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Have any of you guys had any problems with your wheels. The silver on mine is becoming 'blotchy' and beginning to wear off near the wheel nuts so it looks like white under coat showing through. they are only 6 months old and only ever cleaned with a ph neutral wheel cleaner. I had them back to Leeds Audi a couple of weeks ago but i'm getting nowhere. :zx11:

Jop
13-05-2009, 06:07 PM
I've got these wheel's on order. Got any Pics?

My current Sline wheels aren't showing any sign of "blotchyness"

Plife
13-05-2009, 06:29 PM
No issues with mine they are still in mint condition.

Post some pics up showing the issue. What wheel cleaner have you been using?

Bristle Hound
13-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Ok here too!

I did have a similar problem on my wifes Mini Cooper 17" wheels.

Took me 6 months with the garage to get in replaced under warranty, gits!

Hopefully Audi SHOULD be a lot better!

Good luck! :beerchug:

B6Andy101
13-05-2009, 10:36 PM
No problem here. Post a piccy.

mkc
13-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Ive been using Chemical Guys Blue wheel and rim cleaner on mine. It pretty harsh on the hands but despite that its been fine on my 18 wheels.

I notice in some areas on mine the alloy has pits in it, small shallow dents but they were like that from new,

Do you have any pictures please?

Audi Happy
14-05-2009, 08:38 AM
No issues with mine they are still in mint condition.

Post some pics up showing the issue. What wheel cleaner have you been using?

I'll try to get some pic's posted tonight.
I'm currently using Bilberry wheel cleaner diluted 5 to 1 so there should be no issues with that.
I phoned Leeds Audi again last night and was told i would get a return call but guess what, no phone call.

SportyB8
14-05-2009, 11:01 AM
I had a simular problem on one of my Sline standard 18", dealer replaced without a problem.

Scott

Audi Happy
15-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Well i finally got my phone call back and the verdict is they wont do anything unless it gets worse:aargh4:
so i'll have to live with it. more crap service from Audi

Jop
15-05-2009, 12:19 PM
how about those pics??

Cheers
jop

Audi Happy
15-05-2009, 01:32 PM
how about those pics??

Cheers
jop

I'm going to sort them out this weekend, it was chucking it down last night and also i need to clean the wheel or it wont show up properly. bear with me though i will sort them honest.

SportyB8
15-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Well i finally got my phone call back and the verdict is they wont do anything unless it gets worse:aargh4:
so i'll have to live with it. more crap service from Audi

That's utter rubbish! I would push it as there is clearly something wrong with the wheel coating.

On mine, you could actually scratch off the coating with your finger nail!

Try your luck with Audi Customer Service

Audi Happy
17-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Here are a couple of pics showing the problems. The one by the wheel nut has not come out too well but you can just see the way the silver appears to be coming off showing white base coat through. The problems on the spokes is self explanitory.
Any one else having these problems.????