PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Central locking / convenience module

hilton.jones
13-05-2009, 02:05 PM
I have a 2002 gt tdi 130 142,000 miles.
The problem that I am having is that i lost the use of the remoe central locking, electric windows and interior lights. At the time the electric wing mirrors worked ok and the cenral locking worked on the key.
I checked the fuse and found that the fuse had blown. I went to replace and as soon as the fuse touched the contacts it went again (this happened last year but replacing the fuse worked fine) Anyway went to the local garage (VW independant) who checked it on the diagnostic came up with a brake light switch gone? (On my way to the garage the engine workshop light had came on with the flashing choke) No codes that I could see apart from a previous boost problem and the brake switch. Took the car to another garage on their diagnostics it again showed the brake light swtich and no communication with the central locking / convenience unit.
Now I have lost the key central locking and the electric mirrors afetr I started to take the trim panels off to try and isolate each door and checking other fuses.

The car had a bump last year and had the nearside doors wing replaced but its worked fine since.
Any help would be appreciated.

Hilton
:zx11::zx11::zx11:

Bill Badger
14-05-2009, 10:52 AM
This might be a long shot, but check that the fuse you are replacing is actually the correct one. I had a similar problem and lost the windows and central locking after merely changing a rear bulb. (Maybe I caught the lamp moulding on the bodywork and shorted something out, but I'm not sure). The end result was that I was changing the fuse shown on the printed guide on the lid of the fuse cover, but the guide had been printed mirror image so all fuses didn't actually relate to what was shown on the guide.

As I said, it's a long shot, especially since my car is a 1999 model, so it would be hoped that the error had been corrected by the time yours was made!

hilton.jones
14-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Thanks,
Tried 10 - 30 amp fuses the printed card on the inside of the plastic is in reverse, they have been printed for left hand drive. Still the same result more fuses!

Hilton