PDA

View Full Version : Can you retrofit the storage draws?

james_tiger_woo
13-05-2009, 08:12 AM
As the post there - I wish I'd gone for the under seat storage draws (I know - I've got too much clutter) - but can they be retrofitted?

HHGTTG
13-05-2009, 09:00 AM
As the post there - I wish I'd gone for the under seat storage draws (I know - I've got too much clutter) - but can they be retrofitted?
As I have said before. The more space you're given the more junk you'll find to fill it. Try a little bit of restraint.

james_tiger_woo
13-05-2009, 09:18 AM
That doesn't answer my question, but I am doing.

My reasoning for draws is that I'd like to relocate some of my things (window cloths, deicer, CDs, etc) from on view to hidden from view.

HHGTTG
13-05-2009, 10:09 AM
That doesn't answer my question, but I am doing.

My reasoning for draws is that I'd like to relocate some of my things (window cloths, deicer, CDs, etc) from on view to hidden from view.
Seasonal clutter such as de-icers etc I store in my garage or in a large- ish plastic box in the boot of my car. These plastic storage containers can be bought almost anywhere.

james_tiger_woo
13-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Handy - if I had a garage - or external storage, I'd use that. But I don't. So I can't.

Boot space is often taken up with a pushchair or other child oriented paraphenalia - Or when that's not there - work stuff.

Ozram
13-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Handy - if I had a garage - or external storage, I'd use that. But I don't. So I can't.

Boot space is often taken up with a pushchair or other child oriented paraphenalia - Or when that's not there - work stuff.

Sounds like you should have bought a Mack instead of a VW...;)

james_tiger_woo
13-05-2009, 11:22 AM
Sounds like you should have bought a Mack instead of a VW...;)

Lol :)

I don't need a big car and I'd love to stash things in a shed or garage, but just now, that's just not feasible :( The little one is 1 now and needs far less stuff and I, these days, don't need so much work so the crap I carry around with me is lessening a lot.

vdubdavy
13-05-2009, 08:56 PM
JTW

the drawers arent that big, you could probably manage to fit a couple cd's in them if you are lucky

the_crofter
13-05-2009, 08:58 PM
I'd like to know the same. When I ordered my Mk6 back in December 08, the storage pack wasn't an available option.

vdubdavy
13-05-2009, 09:12 PM
I will try and have a look tomorrow to see how the drawers are fitted

sorun
14-05-2009, 12:07 AM
I got the drawer, it is not that big very shallow. Like vdubdavy said can only fit in a few cds. Not a recommended upgrade for the money

JoseSpring
14-05-2009, 01:20 AM
When I ordered my Mk6 back in December 08, the storage pack wasn't an available option.
Not that it helps you, but I don't think this is strictly true - I ordered mine in November 08 with the storage pack.
And while the draws aren't large, they do take a few bits and pieces. If I remember rightly, in one I've got:-

umbrella
torch
ice scraper
de-misting pad
emergency mobile phone charger

The 2nd one is empty right now while I gather enough junk to put in it.

james_tiger_woo
14-05-2009, 08:26 AM
I might give my local dealer a shout though as the oh's step brother is a salesman there....

vdubdavy
14-05-2009, 08:37 PM
I dont think the drawers would be to hard to fit, it looks like it is just torx screws holding the drawer casing in place, that is assuming all seats are pre drilled.