PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pressure Reg in warm up valve???

Dee-GTI
12-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Been told you can adjust fuel pressure via the warm up valve on the 16v KR for improved performance. I thought this sounded a bit dodgey. ideas anyone?

Crasher
12-05-2009, 01:17 PM
You can alter the differential pressure by altering the amount of force exerted on the regulator valve from the inside but this is only done to increase fuelling to match and increase in capacity and must be done whilst observing the results on a fuel pressure gauge and checked on a rolling road. Just squirting in more fuel will not make the car faster unless it is already lean and if it is lean, you need to know why. You are right to be suspicious, with this mod flickering around “tinterweb” the old saying “a little knowledge is a dangerous thing” comes to mind. Many years ago I worked with Racelogic to develop a variation of their VSAM system that also allowed an output to a solenoid mounted on the metering head and this allowed a 3D electronic alteration of the control pressure but that system is long obsolete.

Dee-GTI
13-05-2009, 01:15 PM
i thought as much. Makes me wonder how all this sh*t comes about. lol.

nice 1 crasher

Crasher
13-05-2009, 01:29 PM
This is one that has been doing the rounds for years, the internet just makes it worse, there are countless tinterweb experts out there. There is basis in the theory but it is a lot more complicated than just turning a screw.