PDA

View Full Version : VW franchise woes

thewall
11-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Hi everybody my first post,

I brought a Mk5 GT TDI from Heron in Newark Notts for 10,449 my first from a main dealer but my 3rd golf in oct 08.

I didn't get of to a good start as it took them 3 goes to sort out a paint job,well now i'm having trouble with the brakes,a horrible grinding noise i.e rust on the disc,i reported this only a month after the purchase date and was told the new pads were making the noise,now the noise has got worse and went back,the tech told me the brakes are fine but he took some rust of the disc, this made the brakes quieter but nowhere near perfect i told them this and was told to brake more often:confused: and it will cost 200 quid to put right ,and also was told the brake and air con fluid was ready for a change another 140 quid,so toto keep this car running properly i have to spend 340 quid after 6 months and 2000 miles and i inherited these fauts when i brouth the car.

The fliuds have not been changed since new,according to the book they should of been changed 18 months ago or at least at the pre sale service,i argued this point but they were having none of it.

I feel that i have been mislead in this sale either the jobs should have been done or advised me that they will need doing in the near future.

Today i went start to the top and phoned the md and left it in his hands he will phone me tomorrow,lets see what happens so watch this space.

onzarob
11-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Best of luck, I beginnning to wonder how the Dealerships make any money, they seem to have forgotten anything about customer service.

Actually that's bit sweeping, the nearest dealer to me, seems only to want to help if you have bought the car from them. I'm a new owner you'd think they would want the service business...nope i'm just a hassle :(

The original supplier of my car (not to me) was a great help recently for no gain, unfortunly they are over a 100 miles away:(

So its independants for me ;)

thewall
13-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Good news!

The md of Heron arranged for the service manager to contact me and they are going to sort out the brakes,replace the brake fluid and recharge the air con including a pollen filter,so in a way is best to stand your ground and do some research first.

thewall
23-05-2009, 04:06 PM
After speaking to the service manager they agreed to replace the brake fliud and do an air con service for free! but the rear brake discs were going to be honed down and no new pads to see if this stops the noise and if it doesn't cure it they would replace the whole lot but with me making a small payment.

So the car went in on 22/05 and i put it to the service manager that i didn't mind paying £60 towards the whole replacement (quoted £160)to save everybody any hassle,anyway they agreed on this i suppose i could of stood there and argued so i didn't have to pay but i wanted this sorted at the first go.

Job done perfect and they valeted the car inside and out,but here comes the curve ball when i came to pay the service manager said he wouild contact me in the week?,and not for the first tmie dropped a hint about a service which is due in Nov,i wonder what he is going to say?

How much is a non long life service on a 55/30,000 ml golf gt tdi.

I must say the service was spot on this time,this is twice now that i have had to go abit higher than the first port of call,so if your not happy try to speak to somebody higher.

knt
23-05-2009, 09:46 PM
That's expected from most dealerships, once they take your money they're not interested unless they get more money.

thewall
26-05-2009, 07:02 PM
I agree with you but would Joe's Motors done anything after 6 months as most only give a 3 month warranty.