PDA

View Full Version : Redex - Anyone ever used it ?

kopman9
11-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Does Redex do what it says and improve performance, clean injectors etc ?

11-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Does Redex do what it says and improve performance, clean injectors etc ?

very much so its been going for years good as a carb cleaner used to amuse me as once poured in anyone standing behind your car was going to look like a member of a minstral gang afterwards
very good bit of kit good for idle problems and missfires sometimes due to crap build up!!!! but the same could be said for some of my posts
regards sticky

macmillions
11-05-2009, 08:23 PM
I use it on my Golf as the old bus has a pig of a carb. Helped considerably, so stil put in a shot with every tank. The 1st time I used it a brand new shiny white Audi TT pulled up behind me at the pumps and as i turned it over a HUGE plume of smoke poured out my exhaust and covered his car... did I feel guilty? not in the slightest. :biglaugh:

I also used it in my Clio (1.2l 16v Extreme) when my fuel economy dwindled as I couldn't afford a service at the time, and it helped a little with that too. Not such a substantial improvement as he Golf, but still noticeable.

I recommend it to anyone.

JIGGY C
11-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Absolutely - I use it all the time - it does make a difference. If you go to somewhere like Wilkos (Wilkinsons) you only pay 3.50 a bottle - whereas garages / supermarkets charge 5-6

Redzer
12-05-2009, 08:03 AM
Have used Redex on and off over the years and it seems to have some benefit.

The first time i used it was years ago as a carb cleaner, I poured it directly into the carb of a fiesta i had, then took it for a spin to burn it off.

It left a suitably impressive massive red arrows style plume of smoke after it for a mile or so, it must have looked like the sickest car in history :biglaugh:

Captain Answer
12-05-2009, 09:21 AM
Redex is good, Forte is better

12-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Redex is good, Forte is better

really never heard of it or seen on the shelfs during my manly prowls of the bottles only to be used by men
the wife likes herbal essance i like a good power boost or wynns for a good piston shine and valve seat scrub how refreshing
regards sticky
why is it better
captain answer pray tell?

12-05-2009, 07:14 PM
ahh!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the trade only eh!
oh well! thats why then, i havent seen it on the shelves
regards sticky

Captain Answer
12-05-2009, 11:55 PM
Ebay is your friend if you can't get it from a real friend ;-)

I've had some good results from their fuel and oil treatments so i guess its just like anything "stick with what you know"

Hex69
13-05-2009, 09:03 AM
Ebay is your friend if you can't get it from a real friend ;-)

I've had some good results from their fuel and oil treatments so i guess its just like anything "stick with what you know"

FYI, Redex is currently 3.60 from ASDA

ali_a4_avant
16-05-2009, 12:01 AM
Wilko's has it for sale, petrol and diesel, for 2.99 (2 tanks worth). I've used on my last 3 tanks on my 03 A4 Avant 1.9tdi and have noticed it starts a lot better, gets up to temp quicker, and my economy has gone up by 5-6 mpg.

Shaka1976
17-05-2009, 02:10 PM
I've used the carb cleaner, petrol injector cleaner and diesel injector cleaner over the years all with good results. Would recommend it everyone especially at the 3 price, you'll usually get that back in fuel savings!!

Dudey Head
19-05-2009, 05:15 PM
I prefer Pantene. I'll get me coat... :D

SEMKY
19-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Used some on my mums lumpy punto this very afternoon, straight into the carb......coughed, choked and farted a bit and fired out a load of detritus from the exhaust.
Car not lumpy anymore! Happy days!:beerchug:

onzarob
19-05-2009, 09:10 PM
I used the Redex advanced stuff in my A4 and it really made a difference about 3-4 mpg on the DIS. I think its great stuff.

Dudey Head
20-05-2009, 10:08 AM
I've used the Redex injector cleaner, that seemed to do the trick.