PDA

View Full Version : Question How do I install my SUB?

Zeb
11-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Hi all,

Im thinkin to install a Pioneer Sub, so I need some advice.
It is a 12 inch sub, with rockford fosgate mono amp.

How do I do it?????

Btw the back seats dont fold down..

tonyrampanttige
11-05-2009, 05:15 PM
i assume the sub is in a suitable box or enclosure?
what head unit (stereo) do you have?

Zeb
11-05-2009, 07:20 PM
i assume the sub is in a suitable box or enclosure?
what head unit (stereo) do you have?

Hello,

Yes ur right. The headunit is a pioneer P6900BT.
I installed all the I.C.E in my previous car but decided to take it off and install in my Audi.

tonyrampanttige
11-05-2009, 11:08 PM
:confused:you prob know the basics as you fitted it into your old car so i guess what your asking is where you can run the cables?
my car is slightly different to yours but on mine for the power cable you can run through the ECU cover.
It's the black plastic box under the drivers side wiper. Remove the screws and prise the top off.
There should be a spare grommet you can use and it drops right down into the drivers footwell.
run it under the carpet to the back with the remote off the back of your h/u

it might be easier to take the back seat base out, on mine it was a couple of bolts under the front of it, and even though the back seats don't fold down you should be able to feed the cable underneath or on one side.

try to run the phono cables as far away from power cables as you can

and try to keep the earth cable as short as possible

i think i covered most things :confused:

Zeb
12-05-2009, 05:22 PM
:confused:you prob know the basics as you fitted it into your old car so i guess what your asking is where you can run the cables?
my car is slightly different to yours but on mine for the power cable you can run through the ECU cover.
It's the black plastic box under the drivers side wiper. Remove the screws and prise the top off.
There should be a spare grommet you can use and it drops right down into the drivers footwell.
run it under the carpet to the back with the remote off the back of your h/u

it might be easier to take the back seat base out, on mine it was a couple of bolts under the front of it, and even though the back seats don't fold down you should be able to feed the cable underneath or on one side.

try to run the phono cables as far away from power cables as you can

and try to keep the earth cable as short as possible

i think i covered most things :confused:

Hello Tony,

Your right, I need to know where can i run the cables.
I went on A4 MODS forum, where it showed me how to install and run the wires through.

My only concern is, I was told I should be aware of sound proofing.
I didnt quite understand what the guy was trying to say.
Would you know anything about this?

tonyrampanttige
12-05-2009, 05:59 PM
yeah its not essential but will make the sub sound better.

have you ever heard a car with load bass just vibrating and sound all farty? that's because they haven't used any sound proofing.

this stuffs good http://www.dynamat.com/technical_specs_dynamat_xtreme.html

can be bought from http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4182/referer/rc_froogle.html

not doing his boot but you get the idea what this stoner up to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_GigojqirA

but the end of the day its not essential to do it, but it will make it sound a whole lot better inside and outside your motor

hope that clears it up??