PDA

View Full Version : Turning off TP on radio

carynb
29-03-2007, 07:37 PM
I have pressed every button & re-read the manual a number of times but can't find how to turn off the TP function on my VW Polo radio.
I listen to CD's all the way to work & every 10 minutes or so it interrupts with traffic announcements. Drives me MAD and I'll be grateful for any help getting rid of this!
Thanks.

Matt C
29-03-2007, 09:16 PM
From memory if you press and hold the TP button to access the sub menus you should be able to scroll through them and turn off the traffic programme. Failing that my radio goes off TP if I go to AM and then to the CD player, so that may be worth a shot.

MalcQV
29-03-2007, 09:37 PM
I have similar problems with my Pasty. Sometimes it is on sometimes it is off. When I don't want it I too have been switching to AM. On most RDS units there is a TA or TP button.

Sometimes I switch to CD and the TP symbols goes away, I then have to press TP Set which switches to the radio, then I have switch back to CD :zx11:

carynb
30-03-2007, 08:15 AM
Thanks. There is a "TP set" button but it doesn't seem to actually switch it off. I've pressed AM radio & it it hasn't yelled at me this morning so maybe that was just the thing.
Thanks for your help guys!

Froggy
30-03-2007, 10:33 AM
If it's a Gamma unit, you simply press the FM button to select FM 1 or FM 2. The way to think of it is like the TP is another wave band! Not very logical but that's how it works.

When you press TP it effectively switches to the same presets but with TP on all the time. Going back to FM1 or 2 removes the TP option.

Hope that's clear as mud....:Blush: