PDA

View Full Version : Turbo actuator problem?

smohamm527
10-01-2006, 11:54 PM
hi guys,

i was wondering if anybody can help me.
Ive got vw bora 1.9 tdi 2001 115bhp. Just had it serviced by vw at 102,000 miles. While i was there i told them i might have a problem with my turbo:
symptoms: when i put my foot down the speed increases quite rapidly but then all of a sudden it seems like the power cuts off but then after couple of seconds power comes on again.also there is a psss noise when i accelerate
The vw technician said that from first impression it seems like the turbo might be fine as the power is not completely cutting off and the car is pulling through. He did a diagnositic and vacuumed checked the pipes that go to and from the actuator. Results was that pipes was ok, no leaks,. the turbo was boosting ok.he said the problem is the actuator located at the top of the engine. does this sound like it could be the problem. he said the vw only sell the actuators with the turbo units but you can buy it separatley. Where can i buy one form? how much is it going to cost? How easy is it to fit?

i really appreaciate your time in reading this and any advice given

thanks Sak

n793
30-01-2008, 02:29 AM
my bora 1.9 tdi 150bhp turbo actuator is stuck giving me no power from the turbo , if i hold it down while some1 else starts the car n revs it everything is gd , how do i free up the actuator ??:beerchug: