PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Immobiliser problem after Key fob battery change

mad4rovers
10-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Can anyone advise please?

After noticing opening my Alhambra with the remote was becoming intermittant I decided to renew the key fob battery, I changed the battery, car locks/unlocks fine but when trying to start the car the immobliser is preventing the engine from firing. I checked contacts within the key fob all look fine, do I have to now reprogram the key? if so how do I go about doing it or am I at the mercy of my local dealership? :aargh4:

Cheers
Gareth

kenney
10-05-2009, 05:42 PM
Have you a spare key?try it.It is a dealer job to code the key

keefiekimbo
11-05-2009, 05:24 PM
I beleive there is a description of how to code the key in the vehicles manual.

farquarpigmix
22-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Can anyone advise please?

After noticing opening my Alhambra with the remote was becoming intermittant I decided to renew the key fob battery, I changed the battery, car locks/unlocks fine but when trying to start the car the immobliser is preventing the engine from firing. I checked contacts within the key fob all look fine, do I have to now reprogram the key? if so how do I go about doing it or am I at the mercy of my local dealership? :aargh4:

Cheers
Gareth

Hi, could you tell me if you got this problem sorted out? I am having similiar problems. Car turns over but doesn't fire.

Regards
Mull

mad4rovers
23-05-2009, 12:27 AM
The problem persists, my local dealer reckons if straight forward it will cost £40 to run diagnostic and reprogram the keys, luckily one key works so not got round to taking it in for the repair, but will have to eventually.

farquarpigmix
23-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Hi, Thank you for reply.

Regards
Farquar

JonMSN
28-08-2010, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=mad4rovers;356441]Can anyone advise please?

Cheers
Gareth

I had a similar problem this morning. My Seat key was not the VW flip key, but a normal Seat keyfob. Like you I changed the battery, the central locking worked fine, but the immobiliser cut in as soon as I tried to start the car. I called the Seat dealer who told me straight away that the micochip had fallen out of the keyfob! Sure enough there it was on the carpet, a small black tab of (what looked like)plastic. I popped it back in and the problem has gone away.

BE WARNED THIS MICROCHIP IS NOT ATTACHED TO THE KEY IT JUST SITS IN THE KEY, LOOSE!!

Crasher
28-08-2010, 01:44 PM
I had someone with this problem, it turned out that when changing the battery the chip for the immobiliser had fallen out of the key and was rattling around inside. The alarm and the immobiliser are two completely separate systems but the chip for the immobiliser is in the key lower section. It is a little black cylinder or rectangular block not much bigger than a grain of rice.