PDA

View Full Version : power loss any ideas?

spikymatty
10-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Hi all,

Ive got a standard 150bhp leon cupra.
When i start the car up and rev it it seems ok but when i set off it only gets to around 2000 revs and it stuggles to get to that and then theres nothing else. No power at all. Change to second and its the same thing, around 2000 revs then thats it. No acceleration at all. I'm gutted. Changed to third and i thought i was going to stop:( Please guys give me some help as to whats going on with my motor. Its a 53 plate and its done 53000 miles.

bugOlugs
10-05-2009, 11:57 AM
A diagnostic scan would be a good start.

You could do with someone local to you with VCDS.

:D

caveman pete
30-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Hi all,

Ive got a standard 150bhp leon cupra.
When i start the car up and rev it it seems ok but when i set off it only gets to around 2000 revs and it stuggles to get to that and then theres nothing else. No power at all. Change to second and its the same thing, around 2000 revs then thats it. No acceleration at all. I'm gutted. Changed to third and i thought i was going to stop:( Please guys give me some help as to whats going on with my motor. Its a 53 plate and its done 53000 miles.
hi, this is my first post so bear with me i dont know if your setup has a n75 valve in the vacuum side of your engine but if it has it might be worth checking it out and all the pipes to and from it i hope this sorts it out for you pete

BVR.Automotive
30-05-2009, 10:25 PM
you need fault codes to post on here otherwise we are just stabbing in the dark!

Dave