PDA

View Full Version : Heat without Aircon ???

johnvw
10-05-2009, 08:12 AM
My wife has a Golf Gti 2007 (petriol), BWA engine. Hot air is coming out of the centre vents when travelling without the aircon turned on. The centre console gets quite hot to the touch. The outside air temp is 22-24 C (by weather report), anyone guess where the heat is coming from and why.
I have a Passat 2000 1.8T, and have the same problem. The dealers were never able to explain why.
I have a VCDS but am unsure in what direction to chase this problem.

Any thoughts on this annoying HEAT problem.
Regards John

boycey19690
13-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Hi John, I have just bought an 06 Gti and have noticed exactly the same thing.After a bit of searching on the net i have found that quite a few people are not happy with this,i have read that some VW delaers have said that this is to help to de-mist the car but some people think that its a flaw in the design of the air-con in the car.Below is one example of the the complaints i have read.By the way im more that happy with the car and wouldn,t let this put me off having another one.Hope this is of interest to you.
Regards
Boycey

This vent issue is a constant aggravation for me, but in my case it is worse: Even when the AC/Heater is turned off, my GTI emits heated or cooled air through its vents based on its last setting. For example: if I turn the heater on during my trip home at the end of the evening, when I drive my car in the morning hot air will emit from the vents even though the circulation system is turned off. (Even if it is hot a Hates outside!) In order to rectify the situation I must turn the system on, temporarily, to adjust the temperature to LOW (AC), and then turn the system off to be comfortable. Then, at least, the vents are emitting cool air instead of more hot air....

Love my GTI, but this issue is more than frustrating....